Online now
Online now

Prioritizing/Scheduling

Sunnie​(sub female)
4 years ago • Aug 13, 2019
Sunnie​(sub female) • Aug 13, 2019
This can be challenging at times. I don't know if time difference is an issue as well? I can say though that a D/s relationship takes hard work, time and effort. Yes, we all have lives. Work, family, social, every day things. Sometimes unexpected things come up that we can't control and that's ok. The KEY is communication. I can not express it enough. Let them know what is going on so they don't feel like they are a 2nd/3rd thought for you. If you don't feel like you're in the right place because you have a lot going on, step back. Same goes for the Dom. You don't have to give up this part of you if you need to take care of things.
Family, work and personal life are important just as your Dom has to be too.
I asked if there was a time difference because if there is, that can play in your favor. Use that time to get the mundane things done. It will give you more time with your Dom. That's what I did and it worked well. Also discussing what my schedule looked like helped out. You can plan around that.
MsHaven​(dom female)
4 years ago • Aug 12, 2019
MsHaven​(dom female) • Aug 12, 2019
Subs can and do have jobs, families, outside interests, miscellaneous obligations, and a need for personal time. and it’s important for the dominant to account for that. It’s a matter of quality over quantity for me. If all you have this week is an afternoon that you can give 100% focus and dedication, then so be it. An unfocused, distracted, guilt-ridden sub isn’t acceptable.
    The most loved post in topic
Bunnie
Bunnie • Aug 12, 2019
This is something I struggle with also and I don’t know how to “fix” it to be honest... I’ve never been able to find the balance.

I either end up focusing everything on the Master and the remainder of my life goes to shit, or I have to withdraw myself slightly to be able to share the focus, and end up feeling guilty and useless as a submissive because I’m not focusing on him as much as I feel he deserves or my position warrants.
BunnyMuffins​(sub female)

Prioritizing/Scheduling

BunnyMuffins​(sub female) • Aug 12, 2019
Hey I am hoping to receive some advice. Is anyone else having/or have you had a tough time with prioritizing this need along with your regular life? I am newly committing myself to my Submission but I also have a crazy schedule at the moment. I work 50+ hrs a week plus my job requires me to take meetings on the weekends as well with clients so even my time out of the office is often accounted for. Plus I have to do regular life stuff (cooking, cleaning, meal prep, sleeping) and I do the occasional social event (although I am mostly a homebody). It is just making me feel kind of frantic that I don't have enough time to devote to this. I fear it may push people (someone) away. Has anyone else had this situation? How did you compensate for it? Should I just wait until I can be fully present? I really really really do not want to but I am feeling incredibly guilty and selfish that I cannot focus my attention properly because I am being pulled in many directions. Any insight would be very helpful.