Online now
Online now

What does Politics have with being a “good” sub or friend

GvS​(other male)
4 years ago • Aug 19, 2019
GvS​(other male) • Aug 19, 2019
 As with so many things in this lifestyle, it is a matter of expressing personal preferences. Politics matters to you? Say so. If it is a deal-breaker, get it out of the way up front, so you aren't wasting each other's time. Politics doesn't matter to you? Surely there is some other criterion that does. Not everyone shares your criterion, either, but you expect those who don't to at least acknowledge and respect your right to it.
 As for being "friends"- it isn't a simple yes-or-no issue. I can maintain civility around almost anyone, but the degree to which I will let someone into my life is a decision based on many factors, none of which I feel any need to justify or explain.
ChillVibes​(sub male)
4 years ago • Aug 19, 2019
ChillVibes​(sub male) • Aug 19, 2019
Everybody wants to respect personal limits, lifestyle choices etc, but then people get BIG MAD at the mention of politics. When someone decides to save people that they simply won't vibe with time, based on politics or anything else, it's really up to them, and there really isn't anything you can or should do about it. If you wouldn't get along with someone because they are a smoker, or maybe you really don't like anime, these are exclusions people can make because it's about personal preference. They continue to do the things they enjoy, and you can continue your search.

And no... this is not the same as being racist, sexist, ableist, etc, it's a lifestyle choice, not an intrinsic quality.

And high-key it's always people with zero context and tons of privilege making these outlandish remarks.