Online now
Online now

Branding (tattoos)

CrimsonRose
4 years ago • Jun 25, 2019
CrimsonRose • Jun 25, 2019
Great topic thank you for bringing it up.

Tattoo's/Brands are so very permanent. Have you found your "One"? Henna, is a great solution for a while., but if you are sure you want to do this you're over 21 go ahead. I have seen many folks regret getting their ex's info on her/his body forever, and then had to try to cover it when they found they were not a match and found another "One" who was insulted.

I have been contemplating getting a symbolic tattoo to represent my current relationship that represents both our natures as well as something that can always be there without ever insulting anyone else who might come into my life at a later time.

So all of that is to say carefully consider what kind of mark you get.

Blessings, Light and Peace from Texas
Fate
Fate • Jun 25, 2019
Yes, I love the idea of being marked as his. Especially in the manner mentioned by the poster above. I think it could be a fabulous tangible reminder of the bond a couple share, as long as both parties are determined that the relationship will outlast the ink! Lol.
djinni​(dom female){smplylaura}
I have 2. One He gifted me 17 years ago. It’s simple enough. Kanji for slave. It did include his initials at the time but after our breakup I covered them with a dead petal from the lotus I added under neath. Aesthetically it messed up the look of the tattoo a little... but the pain of knowing they were there was great and it was about healing.

The second one I got myself to honor our recommitment. It’s the Jeannie’s bottle from the opening credits of “I Dream of Jeannie” with a puff of smoke and her eyes and lips in the cloud. My name is djinni, it’s pronounced Jeannie. No intials or names this time and that is by design.

I am not against tattoos (brands). To me they are artwork and they represent the journey. I love hearing tattoo stories. It’s interesting that even the most heavily tattooed person usually loves the shittiest tattoo or the one people would think they would regret the most and it’s the opposite. I’ve seem some really bold lifestyle/ownership tattoo choices.... not for me but I respect their commitment. I enjoy a bit more subtlety.

Make your decisions wisely. Remember that you’re “stuck” with it basically for life. Removal is expensive and more painful than getting it. I’d recommend something that represents you, your commitment and relationship than just names. Creativity is the way to go. Even though things had ended with M & I, I always loved my tattoo and never regretted it, not even the initials, they were covered to help me move on.... and here I am 17 years later, His again.... lol. Guess I could have kept them!

I’m happy to share photos it you want to see... just PM me.
Madd Hatter​(dom male)
4 years ago • Jun 26, 2019
Madd Hatter​(dom male) • Jun 26, 2019
Depending on the relationship is dom/sub a tattoo, to me at least, is one of the biggest commitments to your dom. One that shows a deep devotion and loyalty, of pride to show the world who youve given yourself to mind and body.

For me it would be an unprecedented form of flattery one deserving of a reward like none other.
A day in bed, chained of course, hours spent strapped Down as I thank her with my tongue stopping only when necessary and using a wand to keep things going until my return.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Jun 26, 2019
Considering all of my tattoos are a symbol of my life’s journey, for me personally, it would be an honour to wear a mark for someone I considered significant enough in my life to be with in such a deeply connected way.
TheAnt​(dom male)
TheAnt​(dom male) • Jun 26, 2019
I guess I am in the minority here. I do not agree with marking unless you have been in that relationship for years if not decades. Its permanent... Like FOREVER. I guess if I would have put one if my ex's on mr, even though I had been married to her for 18 years, after our divorce,her name would still have been on me.
Yes, I agree Madd Hatter, it is a form of flattery.. But remember the permanent part.
HGB​(sub female){Scottish M}
I won't do again. I did a couple years after I got married. I married till death do us part. Then he changed, and not in a good way. I stuck it out trying for 20 years. If someone important to me doesn't understand that they are not right for me.
Henna or sharpie marker.
boofygurl​(sub female){Taken}
See..... I honestly think that a sharpie shows more devotion than a tattoo.....

You have to touch it up every single day and depending on where it is at.... sometimes multiple times a day.....

To me.... that speaks volumes!!
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
TXRedridinghood​(sub female) mentioned henna another form that people over look is cell popping (can leave 'some' scars) for temps. I've used this method a few times for one of my pain sluts that we BOTH decided a lasting tattoo was wrong for.
There is also temp tatts you can design yourself, that last for 4 months. They have to be grown out..but at least they can be.

I don't care if a submissive doesn't wear my permanent mark, just as long as they will wear my temp ones from my toys, that is important to me. People are right, tatts are forever. Relationships often aren't. My primary and I are together for 22 years as a D/s couple, I prefer lockable eternity collars for my (committed) collars but thats not say I would stop him getting my tatt if he wanted it ...I would just never request it or 'force' it as part of his service to me.
    The most loved post in topic