Online now
Online now

Why do we have profiles?

Cimky​(dom female)
4 years ago • Oct 15, 2019

Why do we have profiles?

Cimky​(dom female) • Oct 15, 2019
My question might sound stupid to some but this is a problem I have found over a number of platforms.

People simply don't read so why do I go through the trouble of setting up a profile stating my goal and preference if it only gets ignored?

Is that not the aim of the profile to get to understand something about the person you are about to contact?
BDSM DOM​(dom male)
BDSM DOM​(dom male) • Oct 15, 2019
Sadly a lot of people don't read profiles..I am not sure if its worth posting profiles anymore.
TheChimera​(sub female)
TheChimera​(sub female) • Oct 15, 2019
Well. I will say I am one who reads profiles.

A well made profile not only allows me to get an idea of how someone is before I reach out to them, but also aided in my vetting process for a Dom.

If I saw a Dom who didn't have a profile filled out, even with the minimum setup. I'd usually just not respond to their personal messages.

Trust me, some people DO read profiles. Even if it doesn't seem like it. It offers a nice glimpse of who you are, what you like, dislike, etc.
    The most loved post in topic
BDSM DOM​(dom male)
BDSM DOM​(dom male) • Oct 15, 2019
I always check profiles.. I find it a good way to get to know some one
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Oct 15, 2019
I read profiles when I've been contacted by someone.

But I take them with a grain of salt.
Are they who a person is, who they want to be, who they think they should be?

I perfer to talk to the person.
ThirtyFourPointFive
4 years ago • Oct 16, 2019
ThirtyFourPointFive • Oct 16, 2019
I read the profile of every non collared sub in Chicago and Indianapolis today. I enjoyed it.
Zedland​(dom male)
Zedland​(dom male) • Oct 16, 2019
A profile is a great way to weed out idiots. For example if you profile says, "I don't like anal" and his first question is "Do you like anal" you know this is a person you should ignore. If someone asks insightful questions that might be prompted by reading your profile you know that this person has done the bare minimum...or is a stalker.
SirPain​(dom male)
SirPain​(dom male) • Oct 16, 2019
I generally try to read profiles but, if the profile is on the order of War and Peace, I may just scan it because I really never liked having to read War and Peace or anything like it. I feel a few lines about ones self and some other interesting facts is enough but, when the profile is more than two or three paragraphs I get the feeling this person is probably not really into the whole aspect of BDSM.
Hammurabi​(dom male)
Hammurabi​(dom male) • Oct 16, 2019
if someone messages you and its clear they have not read your profile you can simply ignore them and dont bother replying. i for one make sure to read the profile before messaging i am not interested in messaging someone who doesn't share my interests... why waste my time...