Online now
Online now

Do True Subs exist anymore?

TheChimera​(sub female)
4 years ago • Nov 7, 2019
TheChimera​(sub female) • Nov 7, 2019
I also just realized my coding messed up, and repeated my example conversation like a broken record. How uncanny...

How it's MEANT TO LOOK:

A prime example of what I'm talking about:
Sir: "I don't want you wearing panties with your dress today."
me: "Yes, Sir~"
[[No panties, but I have on swim suit bottoms]]
Sir: "That's not what I told you, my pet..."
me: "It's technically not panties, Sir~<3"
^ Next time, he's going to be more specific. "I don't want you wearing anything under your dress today."
You Can Call Me Al​(dom male)
Chris, I'm curious. Did you honestly expect others to agree with you on this? The moment someone uses a phrase such as, "I'm speaking the truth, and you know it's true," is the moment everyone else realizes the person isn't speaking the truth. If the truth is presented, people will know it without having to be told. If what is being said isn't the truth, people will know that, also, regardless of how forceful you proclaim it.
Chris Shawn​(dom male)
Chris Shawn​(dom male) • Nov 7, 2019
Taking time to get to know someone is expected. Its well-advised.

But being a petulant and combative half sub, with an accepting and compromising half dom is just a relationship.

And I'll say it again. I'm happy for everyone to find their own lane and enter into their beautifully freeing relationships.

But sometimes these are barely dom/sub relationships.. so good on you for finding your mate. But the way I see it play out is just pretentious.

And I know I was going to get flak. I stated that this is the unpopular view. But it needs to be said.
OwnedByTheOcean​(masochist female)
Seems like plenty of your defined “true” subs and doms have offered good and respectable advice and opinions. The inability to see the forest for the trees may be the very reason you are attracting what you do not desire. YOU as a Dom are the leader... if the road is not paved by you, you can only expect “off- roading” by your sub. Check your compass,...
TheChimera​(sub female)
TheChimera​(sub female) • Nov 7, 2019
With the way you had worded things, it had looked like as soon as a dynamic is struck, that sub just drops everything at his/her Dom/Domme's feet. Along with a few other things I mentioned in my previous post- so I'll save everyone time by not running in circles on 'em~ haha

I will say - Again, I moreso think you're placing your expectations and wants/desires as "This is the one true way." when there is no actual 'one true way'.
I also think you're trying to compare what one person has or wants, to what you want- and of course you're going to think it pretentious.
Because that's not what you like,want,or desire.

I can understand where you're coming from to a degree.
Chris Shawn​(dom male)
Chris Shawn​(dom male) • Nov 7, 2019
I'm not worried about what I'm attracting. You are assuming what perspective I'm speaking from. I've stated what I'm seeing. And it's ridiculous. Thanks for the advice. But you don't need to tell me how to be me. Check yourself.
AshenFenrir​(dom male)
AshenFenrir​(dom male) • Nov 7, 2019
I'm going to posit a question in turn, Chris, by your perception of 'truth' you used on your post. Does that mean that unless a Dominant has a submissive who is willing to take the risk of her life being outed and potentially ruined permanently, that they're not a Dominant? Or that they're not allowed to call themselves a Dominant? Of course not..the very idea is ludicrous in its entirety. Whether I have had a sub or not at various points in my life, has had NO impact on whether or not I am a Dominant. And I imagine that is the case for other Dom/mes as well. And to give you the other side of the coin, a submissive isnt required to be collared in order to be a submissive or to call themselves one. That is as intrinsic to them, as dominance is to a Dom/me

Concepts such as 'normal' 'strange' 'true' have the potential to be very damaging..not only by their very nature, but also by the perception of those who choose to wield them. Perception, is a key thing in nearly every aspect of life, and it is pervasive in the same regard. You spoke 'your perception' of the truth. Nothing more, and nothing less.

The dance that Dollmaker made mention of, is a 2 way street. No relationship within the lifestyle can flourish and bloom to the magic and wonder it could become, without consent making an appearance at least once. Without consent, that give and take between two individuals? What you have then, isnt a D/s or M/s relationship... its abuse. Much the same, as what seems to be par for the course when things are done in a one sided way (based on what I've seen, and experienced)

Are you Dominant everywhere you go, regardless of who you're interacting with? To your manager? The CEO of wherever you work? What about to your parents, or your close friends? Since you ask the question of "Since when are submissive allowed to not be submissive anymore? Its ridiculous." I'm going to ask you the same question in response. "Since when are you, as a Dom, allowed to not be a Dom anymore? Its ridiculous." That kind of expectation which seemed to be in your responses gives me the impression that either you expect a Dom to always act as a Dom, no matter what, and a sub to act as a sub, no matter what. Which simply doesnt work in life. Everyone has a bad day at least once, or falls apart at least once. Myself included. Or, do you expect a sub to always act like a sub, but a Dom isnt held to those same standards? Or should everyone be cut from the same mold, based upon the role they identify as? That would be a travesty indeed, denying or even killing off that spark that makes people unique.

Just sharing my perception and thoughts with you, and opening the door for continued discussion within this post.

Ash