Online now
Online now

Reconciling a lose of love not understood

Neches1836​(dom male)
4 years ago • Nov 22, 2019

Reconciling a lose of love not understood

Neches1836​(dom male) • Nov 22, 2019
These are not my words but I took them to heart a long long time ago. I still do not understand.

Each one of us here today will at one time in our lives look upon a loved one who is in need and ask the same question: We are willing to help, Lord, but what, if anything, is needed? For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it is those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Nov 22, 2019
So, i read this twice trying to understand what you are saying.

When I view someone needing help - I ask them. If they say no- it probably has nothing to do with me- instead it has to do with how they are processing what they are going through.

Which also has nothing to do with me.

Also, there is never complete understanding of another. No matter how open they are.

We can completely love, support, empower, and hope for another. But, one of the questions I ask myself is "is what I am doing emotionally translating to the other person?"

Because what I view as love they may internalize as intrusiveness.

But, I may well have missed the point here.
Neches1836​(dom male)
Neches1836​(dom male) • Nov 22, 2019
Well it is like having a love one ( a wife or child or parent or brother or sister or someone who once had your 6) destroy themselves and ultimately die. And all you did to Try to help was for not
Phanes​(dom male)
Phanes​(dom male) • Nov 22, 2019
From the many experiences that I've had in life regarding this subject, one can be there to support another with all the best intentions in the world.
But ultimately it's up to the individual that you may be trying your best help them through whatever trouble times that they made be going through, it just may be beyond our capability to help them. That is when you try to convince them to seek they're professional help that they may need.
Then there are others that you may care for and give them support and advice that you believe would help them if they would only take the time to listen.
But what a boils down to is, there is only so much we can do and that you can't help someone who doesn't seem to want to help themselves.
    The most loved post in topic