Online now
Online now

Brats - automatically a little?

Trouble Seeking Brat​(sub female)
4 years ago • Nov 25, 2019

Brats - automatically a little?

I'm curious.

The more quotes I see and stories I read, it seems like brats, or bratty subs seems to be primarily littles.

Is this true? Or is it a broader spectrum than that?
Bunnie
Bunnie • Nov 25, 2019
Interesting question. I look forward to seeing the other responses.

I’ve begun to wonder if perhaps brats are more along the lines of being Middles.

When looking at the characteristics of a Little, it seems their desire is to please and adore and cherish and I kind of think that it would be horrifying to a Little to purposely be naughty because their focus is to be so good.

Whereas a Middle seems to love to push buttons... to test boundaries... to have fun. I think also that they tend to need to know that everything is safe and secure, and they find that out by challenging... whereas a Little simply trusts that all is well.

Just some random thoughts anyway.
SirsBabyDoll​(sub female){Pizza+☕}
Sir says that a Brat is not a Little, that a brat is an adult sub who is taking her will back.

I just asked why a sub would want to take her will back and he said it was a very good question and is only answerable by the sub. Its different for everybody.
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Nov 25, 2019
No.

Can be mistaken for - bit not automatically.

The age play component is what seperates them.

Brats can be adult brats.

Littles can use brattiness within their little space or outside of it.

But ultimately adult brats do not age regress.
    The most loved post in topic
OG Brat
4 years ago • Nov 26, 2019
OG Brat • Nov 26, 2019
Think it all depends but it's not automatic no, I'm a brat it's more positive reinforcement for bad (ish) behaviour for me i.e getting a laugh for sarcasm.

I don't call my Sir daddy nor do I see him like that I don't go into little space but I can throw a bratty tantrum so I'd say there's traits but not a defined I.D in my opinion
Azzabackam​(switch male){PawPawGirl}
4 years ago • Nov 26, 2019
Like pretty much every question built as "Is x also a y?" when it comes to BDSM jargon, the answer is: not necessarily.

A brat is commonly defined as a sub that enjoys prodding at whatever boundaries their Dominant has set to elicit a reaction from them.

A little is commonly defined as an individual who enjoys regressing mentally to the mind set of a younger age.

These two things aren't inherently linked, though they synchronize well together. The same can be said of Doms and sadists. Not every Dom is a sadist, and not every sadist is a Dom. However, the two work well together, and alot of people who are one typically exemplify traits of the other.