Online now
Online now

Just a simple tabletop RPG thread

Knightsundere​(sub male)
4 years ago • Jan 5, 2020

Just a simple tabletop RPG thread

Knightsundere​(sub male) • Jan 5, 2020
Hey y'all, having a tough time hopping into any of these conversations as an inexperienced young dude, so.. may as well start one myself.

Anyone here play DnD (Dungeons and Dragons)? Have you played as a DM (Dungeonmaster, wink wink) or a player, or both? What type of campaign was it?

I'm currently running a campaign with some close friends that's based around a cosmic horror-infested mining-colony Pluto, set 250 years from now. Not very deep so far but I've made what's so far been a very entertaining Madness system - certain events/enemies/creatures/afflictions trigger the slow and unwinding lunacy of each player's character into 4 archetypes [Kleptomanic/Sociopathic/Schizophrenic/Psychopathic] (all of which are inaccurate to their real life counterparts but played up for fun).
Progressing through the "Madness Scale" has different symptoms flare up depending on the archetype - Kleptomanic players, after a certain threshold, are unable to share loot or even drop it on the ground.
I'd share some images of the artwork and maps I've done for the campaign so far but have quickly realized that there's a reason a fetish forum wouldn't want that to be a common feature LOL.

Feel free to ask about it though, or share your own stuff. Thanks for readin to here bat.gif
    The most loved post in topic
Solidbobtheflamingo​(dom male){Megagem}
4 years ago • Jan 5, 2020
If you like cosmic horror then can i suggest call of Cthulhu. While I have never played it personally I have herd nothing but good things so at least give it a look. Your campaign mechanics sound interesting and it could suit a bunch of players the only thing is it might cause some PvP mentally so be prepared just in case. I run a campaign right now with some friends that is honestly pretty basic because none of them have played any dnd before so I am easing them into the mechanics. The last one shot I ran with them involved them fighting actual cannibal Shia LaBeouf. Hope your campaign is going well
Knightsundere​(sub male)
4 years ago • Jan 6, 2020
Knightsundere​(sub male) • Jan 6, 2020
The group is pretty boisterous and gets a huge kick out of in-fighting so it's more of a benefit than not, lol.

Yeah, I've heard a ton about Call of Cthulhu, haven't actually played it yet though. My main gripe with the basic DnD systems is the frustrating focus placed on min-maxing numbers vs. entertaining a wide variety of playstyles, especially if the DM isn't very carefully balancing enemies to perfectly match the group's progression (which I've had happen when I was a player in the past).
To combat that I came up with my own fighting and gameplay system that takes away a lot of the "checking" for various actions to keep the pace quick and shifting most of the detail-work to keeping track of various effects and modifiers based on environment/situational stuff (things like weapon ranges [campaign's primary weaponry is guns], Cold status, firerate, a Cover system, etc.). So far it seems to be working quite well. Thanks for responding!
Azzabackam​(switch male){PawPawGirl}
I've always had an interest, but never the opportunity or time to invest in it. I hear stories like the guy who got creative with a stingy DM, and combined a magic lockipick ring with his rifle to make a portable cannon, and it sounds like the most fun in the world.
Knightsundere​(sub male)
Knightsundere​(sub male) • Jan 6, 2020
The opportunity, well, not much to be done about that. The time, however, isn't a huge burden unless you've a very busy schedule. My group meets once every two weeks, and if it wasn't for the fact that I'm the DM my commitment would just be those biweekly Friday nights. If you have interest your friends are probably the same type of people, so it might be worth just checking if there's a group desire. Much fun to be had (: Thanks for responding!
AshDomme​(dom female)
3 years ago • Aug 28, 2020
AshDomme​(dom female) • Aug 28, 2020
I’m really sorry but this is the only way I could contact you (by you I mean knightsundere, just in case someone has their notifications turned on for this post and gets confused) since I can’t message you because I don’t have premium. But I was wondering if you have a podcast or streaming channel? Based off your mic and headphones I’m assuming you have something of the sort, and I’m just interested in watching!

-Ash
KinkySilverfox​(dom male)
KinkySilverfox​(dom male) • Aug 28, 2020
Good to hear DnD is still popular. It's been about 35 years since I was concerned with the nocturnal habits of a goblin. I also saw reference in an far let post to Call of Cthulu ....that was onecof the pre made scenarios you could buy and was only for advanced players...knowing more now what I didn't then I am surprised that references to some well known occult characters and scenarios was allowed on to what was at the time a teenagers past time.
On a kink note surely there must be scope to create a d/s version for dnd after all we all bring different attributes to the table however we like to label ourselves.
Knightsundere​(sub male)
Knightsundere​(sub male) • Aug 28, 2020
I've heard of a couple different DnD parties that had a sexual nature to them and it sounds really, really fun! But, don't think my chums would be into it.

If I were to write something like that up, hmm.. I'd probably try and avoid the demonic/succubus trope since that's been done a lot. I'm not a huge fan of the Elven high fantasy/elderwood kinda stuff either. I think there's a lot you could do with something a bit more sci-fi, Alien-esque, with some kind of grappling mechanic system and probably some IRL interactive... puzzles. I feel like it's common knowledge at this point but Giger was a really sexual dude, love his work.

Totally forgot bumping a post puts it on the front page, oopsies.
House Talion​(dom male)
3 years ago • Aug 29, 2020
House Talion​(dom male) • Aug 29, 2020
D&D is a fetish I've enjoyed for a while.

There was a time when my usual gamer freinds had no DM and I had to step in to have any sort of game. I created a world that even the advanced players I know were unable to survive. Creatures that lvl wether you do or not, no magic from the history of the world or so they were told lol, and though a battle raged on in another dimension hell bent by the dark elves and demons with no one was able to do anything about it
Planck length​(sub male)
3 years ago • Sep 14, 2020
Planck length​(sub male) • Sep 14, 2020
AshDomme wrote:
I’m really sorry but this is the only way I could contact you (by you I mean knightsundere, just in case someone has their notifications turned on for this post and gets confused) since I can’t message you because I don’t have premium. But I was wondering if you have a podcast or streaming channel? Based off your mic and headphones I’m assuming you have something of the sort, and I’m just interested in watching!

-Ash

Hey sorry to quote you out of context just this is the only way I can speak to you uhm you liked my profile a while ago I was wondering if there is anyway we could talk I can give info I just want to know if youd wish to