Online now
Online now

So what are your favorite bdsm movies

Meg​(dom female){NotLooking}
4 years ago • Jan 13, 2020
BeneathHerNow wrote:
Thanks I just recently had the pleasure of watching "The Piano Teacher". I was so upset in the final scene when she stabbed herself so badly and just walked away.

Spoiler much? Not cool.
IowaDom​(dom male)
IowaDom​(dom male) • Jan 13, 2020
Erick wrote:
I think "Secretary" (2002) is everybody's favorite M/f movie. Mine, anyway. Love the way Maggie Gyllenhaal says "Thank you, Daddy."

watched it last night .. good movie!
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Jan 13, 2020
The SM Judge

Had it recommended to me ages ago and its based on a true story. In Flemish with sub titles.

Next based on Jean De Bergs book, The Image is very good, and fairly realistic. De Berg is a writer and French dominatrix.

Best fiction film, much harder to say, but Maitresse, The story of Joanna are interesting films, as is The Story of O.

Marie the doll (marie poupee) is one of the few films on dollification, erotic and somewhat arty as many French films are, but its a good watch and can be found on You Tube.

More modern films, Going Under is an interesting film.

The Duke of Burgundy, also worth a watch. Interesting film showing a very dysfunctional bdsm relationship. Beautiful visuals, and music, very much a throw back, homage to erotic films of the mid 70s.
Erick​(sub male)
Erick​(sub male) • Jan 13, 2020
IowaDom wrote:
Erick wrote:
I think "Secretary" (2002) is everybody's favorite M/f movie. Mine, anyway. Love the way Maggie Gyllenhaal says "Thank you, Daddy."

Yes. What impressed me about it--aside from Maggie G., who I think is a dreamboat--is that it's not merely a paean (pun intended) to the eroticism of S&M, but as far as I know, the only S&M story that makes the case for the salutary possibilities of kinky love. In this case, getting spanked by her dominant boss saves the young lady from her demons, which otherwise cause her to cut herself and wind up in the loony-bin.
Daddy Time​(dom male)
Daddy Time​(dom male) • Jan 13, 2020
I see youtube has a series called switch but I haven’t had time to sit down and watch it yet. I think its about a femdom who owns a dungeon and the stuff she goes through its fiction but bdsm
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Jan 13, 2020
Erick wrote:
IowaDom wrote:
Erick wrote:

Yes. What impressed me about it--aside from Maggie G., who I think is a dreamboat--is that it's not merely a paean (pun intended) to the eroticism of S&M, but as far as I know, the only S&M story that makes the case for the salutary possibilities of kinky love. In this case, getting spanked by her dominant boss saves the young lady from her demons, which otherwise cause her to cut herself and wind up in the loony-bin.

And bdsm a suitable replacement for self harm, not.

The short story the film is based on, is hardly a fluffy romance, try non consensual abuse in the work place.
Erick​(sub male)
Erick​(sub male) • Jan 13, 2020
@dollMaker:

YOUR REPLY TO MY POST: "And bdsm a suitable replacement for self harm, not. The short story the film is based on, is hardly a fluffy romance, try non consensual abuse in the work place. "

Well, you're right that Mary Gaitskill's story is completely unlike the movie. But the difference between you and me is that I don't much like Gaitskill's writing. So I was very pleased when Erin Cressida Wilson turned Gaitskill's muddled effort into something much better.

It doesn't often happen that movies are better than the literature they come from, but when it does happen, the movies are usually MUCH better. As in this case.

I notice that your lengthy profile is overflowing with venomous remarks about all the people in the world that you deplore and despise and intend to cancel and block and eradicate and annihilate and remove from your life. Best of luck with that. Anyway, I'm sorry for your sake that you missed the point of what was really a very good movie.
BeneathHerNow​(sub male)
BeneathHerNow​(sub male) • Jan 13, 2020
Meg wrote:
BeneathHerNow wrote:
Thanks I just recently had the pleasure of watching "The Piano Teacher". I was so upset in the final scene when she stabbed herself so badly and just walked away.

Spoiler much? Not cool.

Sorry Meg if I ruined it for you. I didn't even think of that.
Mea Culpa
dollMaker​(dom male)
4 years ago • Jan 14, 2020
dollMaker​(dom male) • Jan 14, 2020
Erick wrote:
@dollMaker:

YOUR REPLY TO MY POST: "And bdsm a suitable replacement for self harm, not. The short story the film is based on, is hardly a fluffy romance, try non consensual abuse in the work place. "

Well, you're right that Mary Gaitskill's story is completely unlike the movie. But the difference between you and me is that I don't much like Gaitskill's writing. So I was very pleased when Erin Cressida Wilson turned Gaitskill's muddled effort into something much better.

It doesn't often happen that movies are better than the literature they come from, but when it does happen, the movies are usually MUCH better. As in this case.

I notice that your lengthy profile is overflowing with venomous remarks about all the people in the world that you deplore and despise and intend to cancel and block and eradicate and annihilate and remove from your life. Best of luck with that. Anyway, I'm sorry for your sake that you missed the point of what was really a very good movie.

Shame you had to make my comment about Secretary having problems and turn it personal, by having ago at me. I am not the only person who has issues with Secretary 'not' being a good bdsm role model film, because its not. Wanking non consensually, for example, on a woman, with out actual consent is sexual assault. So was that cool in the film? Was that a good role model example for safe sane consensual bdsm? No. Are there great bits in it? Yes, its hot in places? Is it a good film to introduce bdsm to vanillas? Not in my opinion. My saying this is not an attack on anyone who likes the film, simply my opinion on the film.

When discussing subjects its not cool to turn it into ad hominem.
Erick​(sub male)
4 years ago • Jan 14, 2020
Erick​(sub male) • Jan 14, 2020
@dollMaker:

Did I say something about you that was mean or irrelevant or untrue?