Online now
Online now

Finding your special person

tallslenderguy​(other male)
3 years ago • Jul 3, 2020
Finding a mate is a complex process at best. It seems to me that computers should make it more possible, if not easier, by shrinking the world and increasing the number of people? But online sometimes just seems to underline the challenging randomness of the process.

i've been single and available for 12 years. This is one of the few sites i have been on that has a nice core group of serious, thinking people. But alas, the only people i see participating, in the forums anyway, are straight. Most of (read: "all") of the gay sites i have been on seem to be replete with HNG's or guys specifically not looking for me (i.e., they qualify right up front they want someone "younger," even when they are my age). Reading the guy looking for guy personal ads here is just depressing because the first sentence is usually along the lines of "looking for 18- twenty something...," and that is only one qualifier. i'm bottom, and there's a lot more bottoms than Tops in the gay world, so Tops can get away with ads like "looking for 18-twenty something...."

i make good friends in places like this, but the guys are usually not looking for a guy, and the majority are women.

i feel like i don't have that many qualifiers. Gay, bottom with sub attributes looking for a guy, top with Dom attributes (doesn't even have to be "dom," so that should make it easier?). It seems the devil is in the details though? The truth seems to be that there simply are not that many unattached/available guys out there who are interested in a relationship with me.
wildGurl​(sub female)
3 years ago • Jul 5, 2020
wildGurl​(sub female) • Jul 5, 2020
The discouraging thing is all the fakes and instadoms. It's exhausting to repeat yourself over and over again, but at the same time it is like vanilla dating. Not working out there easy as well and only because you find someone, doesn't mean it will last. It's a slippery slope.