Online now
Online now

Home-made toys? Yay/Nay? Suggestions?

TheChimera​(sub female)
4 years ago • Feb 12, 2020

Home-made toys? Yay/Nay? Suggestions?

TheChimera​(sub female) • Feb 12, 2020
After looking over this little corner of the forums, I didn't see any topics on this.

You see- What had happened was- (Naw, joking!)
I'm building a toy chest/toy box for my Dominant to use when he comes to visit me~ A nice little box of "Hey, I like you and what you do. Please use these tools to beat the hell out of me, dear!"

I was looking at pretty floggers, paddles, chains, and more online and oooh... Quite pretty. But regrettably, I'm a sub that's ballin' on a budget.
I'm all about finding a good deal. So!

Home made toys?
Yes? No? Yay? Nay?

(Obviously, I don't want something that's going to scar me, or break apart on/in me, or potentially hurt my Dom. )
I've shopped around and found a couple fun things. Like a rolly-ball massager for aftercare or to play with the senses during a scene. A silicone spatula from the kitchen section of the local Wal-mart for a 'lil cheeky impact play, even some wooden clothespins.

But, I know some folks (especially in the BDSM community) are genius and are quite creative. So I'd love to hear suggestions for home-made toys, or things people have used that weren't exactly marketed for use within "The Community."
I'm also looking for stuff/suggestions to maybe also keep away from?

I'd love to discuss!
IowaDom​(dom male)
IowaDom​(dom male) • Feb 12, 2020
Absolutely! I made a whipping bench, a St Andrews Cross, and currently working on what is best described as a multi positional bench, allowing lay down on back or stomach, stocks, kneeling, and a whole bunch of other ideas!
TheChimera​(sub female)
TheChimera​(sub female) • Feb 12, 2020
IowaDom- Do you mind divulging what you're using to make these? (I'm assuming wood, lol) did you get this wood from a hardware store? Old Pallets? A girl's gotta know!
IowaDom​(dom male)
IowaDom​(dom male) • Feb 12, 2020
well, wanted stability and safety. So for the St Andrews, used 2x6 lumber, double stacked, then both glued and bolted together with 1/2" heavy duty recessed lag bolts. Your basic 2x6 can normally hold 600-700 pounds, so doubling it is serious overkill, but is there a way to be too safe? The new toy is basically all 4x4 lumber so far (around 983 lbs rated weight) .. and will weigh a metric ton ... lol. But what it wont do is break or fall over, or cause somebody harm!

All bought at lowes / menards
Erick​(sub male)
Erick​(sub male) • Feb 12, 2020
So many kinky things can be done with duct tape that they really should market it as SEX TAPE.

You can, of course, quickly tie people up VERY securely with only 20 or 30 inches of the stuff. (Bank robbers, kidnappers, and terrorists use it all the time.)

Using a non-sticky liner such as plastic bags, you can mummify people with it.

Also using a non-sticky liner, you can more or less "sculpt" special appliances for any part of the body. (Masks, hoods, helmets, arm binders, doggie paw-gloves, etc.

And as a punishment, you can use it to wrap up very sensitive parts of the body, which gives a creepy feeling while the tape is in place, and which is extremely painful when the tape is removed.
TNS​(dom male){TSS}
TNS​(dom male){TSS} • Feb 12, 2020
Ive made a Dick on a Stick Sawzall attachment a paddle out of a paddle and ball (from dollar store) I am a man on a budget. 10 bucks at lowes and i can get most scenes set. If you got questions or ideas ask ill come up with something cheap
AKittenforSir​(sub female){JohnBond}
These are just some of my random kinky thoughts and experiences with household items you may already own that can be added to your collection or cheaply purchased.

Many things can be done with rubber bands. In simplest form they can be put around your arms and legs and snapped. You can also make a little slingshot with it so they can be snapped on your nipples or other sensitive areas.

Hairbrush for paddling.

Plastic bear claw meat shredders for tickling and scratching sensations over already heated up skin (from a whipping or spanking).

One of the worst whippings I ever received was from an antenna.

Thick ribbons can be used as a disposable wrist or ankle ties.

A cheap sleep mask can be used as an eye mask.

A feather duster for tickling heated skin.

A leather belt.

A men’s tie for an eye mask.

Zip ties for restraints.

Lotion, lube, massage oils.
Solidbobtheflamingo​(dom male){Megagem}
You can make a flogger fairly easily out of rope. All I takes is like two minutes some rope sheres and if you want something else for the handle then that.

Don't let anyone tell you to buy more expensive stuff just for exspenss sake and if you want to make your stuff go for it and have fun
DaddyDrago​(dom male){LilAmethys}
Ice of course. Along with freezing many things that are wonderful for play.
Freezing a fuzzy/furry feather duster provides a wonderful sensation after a heavy impact play.

Home improvement stores sell cpvc or even regular pvc in 1/2" or 3/4" diameters and make an excellent cane substitute.
I have taken 5 -1/2" pieces about 4 feet long each and used hockey stick tape to bundle them together and create a good manageable handle that definitely creates a wonderfully thuddy impact scene. Word of advice do NOT break the skin with these as the solvents used to make them can be an irritant to many sensitive areas.

I LOVE chains from the hardware store for binding. Even if it's with caribeners or quick release clips many submissives adore the feel of the weight and initial Stark coldness on their skin.

I have also used 1/4" chain as a flogger. Do not cheap out here though, get the chain where the links are welded. Or, get the cheap plastic black chain. STINGY!!!!

Cut the sleeve off of an old sweatshirt for a blindfold. Now you also have a new chic look with your rejuvenated sweatshirtπŸ™ƒ.

Rope of course is the most versatile and cost effective for much binding. Though look for the 3/8" " natural" braid rather than anything polyester or coated. Cheapest isn't your friend here! Coupled with some caribeners you can easily remove them from wrist or ankle cuffs and can be tied to the bed, the door, just about anything. Let alone the obvious shibari or otherwise restraining ties.

A leather belt!! Pick up a leather belt at your local department store. Get some good leather cleaner/softener before use and especially after. Skin oils will breakdown leather quite quickly if not maintained. A belt can be used as a restraint around the waist and arms and around the legs. Varying combinations of such. For 7.88 you can pick up a cheap belt at Walmart. If you need more holes in the belt you can punch your own with a decent sized nail. Of course a belt also makes a good strap!πŸ™ƒ

Take thumbtacks and push them through an old bra. The smooth metal heads of old style thumbtacks 20 per breast create quite the sensation when wearing.

Shoestrings work as great sensual dragging across the skin. I wouldn't recommend trying any part of your body with them as they can dig in quite harshly.
ALWAYS invest in an excellent set of medical shears if tying ANYTHING on your person. Safety first.

I've seen small nails put through a plank of regular wood 1 x 4 about 24" long and used as a " scratcher" . And for the heavier play a paddle.

I've drilled holes in the four corners of my bed frame and installed eyebolts for restraining. Works great with caribeners and rope.

An old tentand the fiberglass poles are a WICKED cane. Again, caution, check the rod for any possible signs of wear. Best not to get even a sliver of fiberglass in your sensitive bits.

A fork makes a reasonable cheap substitute for a whartenburg wheel. Frozen or heated up changes the feel as well.

The imagination is limitless when it comes to play at home. Whatever you're into and turns you on I am sure you can find something to suit your needs.

Remember, SAFETY though if you feel unsafe using it.... DON'T. That rule of thumb goes even for using really expensive toys for that matter.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}