Online now
Online now

What book are you reading now

MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
4 years ago • Mar 13, 2020
Non kinked, The Happiest Refugee by Anh Do. Hes an Aussie comedian whose family escaped from war-torn Vietnam in an overcrowded boat to settle in Australia. Plus Frith, Chris. Making Up the Mind: How the Brain Creates Our Mental World. Blackwell, 2007. Very interesting book relating neuroscience to cognitive psychology, by one of the top researchers in psychology. I doubt I'll finish the later.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Mar 13, 2020
I’m currently reading a book called Alice I Have Been, by Melanie Benjamin.

The story of Alice told by Alice herself. How she inspired Lewis Carroll’s Alice In Wonderland... her childhood, her life, adventures and the story of what happened when Alice grew up...
simplylaura​(sub female){djinni}
The Institute by Steven King
and
Jo's Boys (the third book in the Little Women world-- it goes Little Women, Little Men, and Jo's Boys). Little Women is my favorite book of all time. when I was little I wanted to be Jo, and now that I'm an adult I realized that I really had a crush on her.
ThirtyFourPointFive

Book..

ThirtyFourPointFive • Mar 13, 2020
I am reading " Hosts " A Repairman Jack Novel by F. Paul Wilson.
The RJ Series is about 16 books and part of a 30+ book series All ending with a battle over a supernatural apocalypse.

Great stuff if you are not based in reality:) This is about my fourth time reading this series. G
southernbella​(sub female){Mr D}
4 years ago • Mar 14, 2020
I'm rereading Lord of the flies by William Golding for my english/lit class I'm in college my professor then wants a detailed report of the symbolism of the characters from my reading of the 1st few chapters and how the story represents human nature and the symbolism of society Id rather be reading Stephen King LOL
Duke Montefort​(dom male)
Duke Montefort​(dom male) • Mar 14, 2020
Southern Belle the symbolism he is looking for has been done to death. Adults deep down no matter how mature, responsible, and effective they are still are childish or child like. We are open to peer pressure, avoiding important issues, and unfair practices. Adults like these children must struggle against their childish tendencies to do the right thing continuously. Failure to do so could lead to the destruction of any society. Hope that helps
southernbella​(sub female){Mr D}
Yes and to show that children have less humanity in them as adults that if it were s story of adults it would take longer for adults to lose their rhumanity.. and the island is a symbol of the world and society
xwillowx{Not lookin}
xwillowx{Not lookin} • Mar 14, 2020
I am reading Nomads of Gor. It is the 4th book in a series written by John Norman. The series comprises 35 different books that tell a story of a man who traveled to a planet called Gor where slavery is legal and celebrated. I've read the series in my 20's and am rereading it now. The mindset of the women in these books, the ones who are owned and obedient, is exemplary.