Online now
Online now

Online training? Seriously?

Miss Magdalena​(sub female){FreeSpirit}
3 years ago • Apr 2, 2020
In these unprecedented times we have been afforded, and for many forced, to look outside our norm and see the value and opportunity other social mediums and ways of connecting to one another can afford us. Working in the mental health industry and having to switch over to telehealth services, you see first hand the value of human connection regardless of the platform and how some people can flourish in these settings and others not.
When events like this happen in history you see how we adapt and change...how something can become the new norm.

I have had both online and in person dynamics and have learned and have grown as a woman and a sub because of both. While I hate that we are going through this and the inability to touch others is driving me nutty, I am so grateful to be apart of this lifestyle and a sub right now. The focus for me has always been the mental component and the building of trust and the desire for true vulnerability and the raw baring of one's soul to another's. The structure, tasks, and if you are engaging in a sexual d/s dynamic, sexual satisfaction that one can attain through an online dynamic are just as meaningful. You're connecting with another human being... if it's authentic, honest, humble and real...how can it be bad?
House Talion​(dom male)
3 years ago • Apr 7, 2020
House Talion​(dom male) • Apr 7, 2020
In all due respect the majority of life without considering the lifestyle is based on what were taught n what we experience. As theres so many idiots and fakes within the lifestyle it is presently safer for anyone of interest to seek out online training which in my experience significantly helps mainly in pointing ppl in their right direction.
skyrich​(dom male){rottenbrat}
3 years ago • Apr 9, 2020
Just to re-clarify, and I do invite everyone to read the entire thread, rather than just my original post, because I've added clarifying comments, and others have as well.

I make a distinction between an online relationship, which can be deep and have great meaning, and online training, which I view as superficial. Don't be triggered yet, keep reading...

Now, if by training you mean a deep connection to a sub or a mentoring situation where you actually care about her, then I call that a relationship. What I'm talking about when I say "training" is the superficial crapola we've all seen from the insta-doms who claim that they can train any girl to be a submitted slave online over a weekend. Now, can we all agree that that is just a steaming pile of Bovine Fecal Material?

I have nothing against online relationships. I've engaged in a few of them over the years myself. In fact, I've formed the beginnings of new online friendships since I joined this site a few weeks ago. I've been offered some virtual hugs, which I've gladly accepted. Virtual hugs aren't anywhere near as comforting than the real thing, but it's a help to know that someone cares.* Online is certainly a way of getting to know someone, and offers a degree of safety not present in face-to-face encounters with random strangers. Certainly it's safer now with COVID-19, and the requirements of social distancing.

Honestly, I thought that the discussion focused soley on "slave positions" made my point clear as to what I was talking about. C'est le vie.

In summary, neither judgement, nor offense of legitimate online relationships was intended.
I very much intended to offend the HNGs**, and hoped to offer helpful advise to new/naive girls who might fall for their sack of crap.

------------------------------
* If you haven't, read my profile, and "The Journey" post in this section of the forums, and you'll have a better idea of what I'm writing here.

** HNG: Hory 'Net Geek. aka "insta-dom".
AllOfMe​(sub female)
3 years ago • Apr 17, 2020
AllOfMe​(sub female) • Apr 17, 2020
Im new and had a online bdms relationship it helped me in the aspect of getting to know him/him me and just learn a little more about the lifestyle about myself it does help to know that at some point we will meet and by that time already feel comfortable with him/him me and what he expects and what I learned ..being fairly new that did help me get comfortable with him open up to him ...we did videos, pictures, talked ,texted ,. In my opinion i thought it helped me ....each to their own ❤️ ...with that being said of course before the bdms ....we talked a texted to get to know each other ...then let the fun begin...😛😛😛
Onlinedomguy​(dom male)
3 years ago • Apr 22, 2020
Onlinedomguy​(dom male) • Apr 22, 2020
I understand why some would question online on many levels. As someone who only plays online, there is no doubt it is not as rewarding as real life and my preference would be to play all over online if my lifestyle allowed it. For now, my choice is simple, I have these strong desires and needs and my choice is to suppress these or find some way to allow myself to explore and get some level of satisfaction. Up until recently, I had gotten to the point I was doubting online would be viable for me any longer. For a number of reasons, I just was not getting what I needed or wanted out of it.

That has changed for me. I met someone and found a connection with her that surprised me. It was more than D/s and the level of enjoyment I got from getting to know her and the play we were able to enjoy together became a light for me. The connection was wonderful and although it did not have longevity, I would not have wanted to miss out on her. So I think online, like anything else - you get out of it what you put into it.

You can play, have fun, form a connection that is rewarding and satisfying. Although I believe much hard to sustain over time.
LatexHer​(dom male)
3 years ago • Apr 27, 2020
LatexHer​(dom male) • Apr 27, 2020
I have not done any On-line Training at all. Never could see the use of it. I have spent a lifetime since my early 20s loving this community. I feel that it is my responsibility as a Dom. to support the community I love by answering questions by those newbies who ask specifics about D/s. B&d. Fetish play, safety, etc.

I know some Mistresses who do on-line, but mostly for "gifts" from lonely dudes. Best wishes to them and theirs. Not my sphere of operations.