Online now
Online now

Should the Dom Approach or should the Sub

DrKrall
4 years ago • Mar 27, 2020
DrKrall • Mar 27, 2020
So you're saying those who loved my profile was really expecting me to make contact? I thought they just liked my profile. Ops...
No Body​(dom male)
4 years ago • Apr 3, 2020
No Body​(dom male) • Apr 3, 2020
Hmm very good question. Personally I think if a sub likes what she sees she should say something. You never know if you don't try. Plus some Doms won't message a sub. Many times a sub may not be looking and just not say anything. So I like her to say something this way I try not to bother her or come off as pushy. I have said hello and a few times it has not always been a good thing.

So unless she says what she is looking for and needing I try to leave her alone.
skyrich​(dom male){rottenbrat}
4 years ago • Apr 3, 2020
The problem here is the "pollution" by the HNGs, (Horny 'Net Geeks, or insta-doms). They have done so much damage to the community that the subs, rightfully so, don't really want to be contacted by doms that they don't know, because they've been burned too many times. On the other had, I've had clingy, desperate females virtually throwing themselves at me thinking, somehow that I was "the one" for them, which is I dare say, just as annoying.

When I initiated contact with my De, it wasn't to dom her. It was just the beginning of a conversation, after I'd already read other things that she'd written, and she'd been doing the same of my writings.

the insta-doms, (and insta-subs), don't bother putting in the work to make meaningful conversation -- they just want cyber-sex, and to that I say: "go fuck yourself." Because that's all could happen in that circumstance anyway.

So, I say that it doesn't matter who makes first contact. As long as it's done with courtesy, sincerity, and for the love of God, asexually at first. I'm open to conversation via private messaging, subs and doms alike -- but you should probably read my profile, and maybe an article or two I've already posted here before doing that. Otherwise, I'll rightfully doubt your sincerity. And, what the hell would we, complete strangers, talk about unless we have some common ground?

A couple of tips before initiating contact:
1) Fill out your *own* profile, give some information about who you are.
2) Put at least some idea geographically where you are
3) Easy on the colors and the highlights -- I mean if you're going to hurt my eyes just to introduce yourself, I'm really not interested! icon_smile.gif
House Talion​(dom male)
4 years ago • Apr 7, 2020
House Talion​(dom male) • Apr 7, 2020
This is completely based on your personal preference, but if it's your prefrence to be approached and you're not getting the possible attention youd like then you might want to consider how you're advertising your availability.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Apr 7, 2020
I “like” profiles based on the content written in them, or based on what that person may have written elsewhere. As it came to light that people see it as a “move,” I clarified my thoughts around liking someone’s profile on mine, to help prevent confusion.

Perhaps the opposite could also be done on your own profile as a way of suggesting that you’re interested if you “like” someone’s profile.

I once believed it wasn’t very submissive to approach a Dom and was very scared to. It created a lot of confusion for me... especially when I came across people I was very drawn to. Now (although I’m not looking to meet anyone), if I was, considering my message systems are all locked off, the only way it’s likely to happen is if I approach them... which is my preference.
In my opinion, it’s not about what others consider to be the “right” way to do things (unless there are specific rules stated)... it’s about what you’re comfortable with.
DrKrall
DrKrall • Apr 7, 2020
My vote is:
If You see something You like - Go for it!
Dom or sub doesn't matter. If I find someone, or if someone finds me doesn't really matter. It's all the same in the end.

Edit:
Reminds me. I once saw a young girl with a T-shirt reading "I'm lost. Please find me!" Made my heart instantly melt.
BabyDD
3 years ago • May 7, 2020

BabyDD • May 7, 2020
DomJayy wrote:
Agree with what most people have said on this topic

I think a sub should never be nervous or feel like they shouldn’t message the Dom they have an interest in talking to just because they are a sub. Reach out because if you don’t then they might not know how serious you are about chatting or they might not be able to take on the sub if they leave it too late.

Loving a profile is definitely the way to show you are interested if you are not able to send them a message to the person whether it be to a Dom or sub

Just my two pence on the subject haha
tallslenderguy​(other male)
3 years ago • May 8, 2020
i think this is a great discussion.
i agree with those who think either can approach, but honestly i won’t approach an invisible person. Guys who do not have a profile where they say something about their self, or who approach me essentially wanting me to carry the conversation or pull teeth, ive just stopped trying with. It’s in my nature to defend and accommodate ( enable?) and i’m trying not to keep doing that.
DrWakko
3 years ago • May 8, 2020
DrWakko • May 8, 2020
I believe a lot has to do with how you are brought up within the community (real world). I was brought up in what I believe is a more traditional older guard style where when it comes to play and things like that the sub/bottom approaches the Dom/Top.

If the sub/bottom doesn't approach me I more than likely won't approach them. I think a good saying to follow is "its better to ask forgiveness than permission."

So if you find someone interesting go write them. The worst that can happen is they don't write back.