Online now
Online now

Men in Uniform

SexyKittyKat
3 years ago • Apr 14, 2020

Men in Uniform

SexyKittyKat • Apr 14, 2020
What is it about a man in uniform that ignites your flame?

For me it is their dedication. Their willingness to put their lives on the line for us. I have a true weakness for a man in uniform. I think they would make the perfect Dom.

If you are a Dom who serves or If you have served, how does it reflect in your role as a Dominant?
Literate Lycan​(dom male)
Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Apr 14, 2020
Good day SKK,

I was going to respond in your blog to comments I read there but didn’t want to hijack the blog. I have two trains of thought on those who serve as officer or enlisted and rise to the higher ranks of both Command and Senior Enlisted Leadership. Some graduate from high school or college and join the service as a means to some end - service or a profession or adventure. They are neutral in their intent, just seeking to participate and survive. When they rise in rank, the accept the responsibility because that is the job, but they don’t prefer it. And like many civilian CEO’s, at the end of a long work day or week, they prefer nothing more than to return to a vanilla life with a spouse who stands as their equal, or in some cases, prefer to hand over the reins to let someone else make the decisions either at home or to a Dom/Domme.

The second train of thought are those who are naturally Dominant. They rise to rank because its who they are. They MUST be in command, they thrive in chaos of war and adversity and it fuels their desire for action. It’s not just a job - its a fucking calling! Similar to some civilian CEOs who rise to the top simply because they are naturally Dominant in everything they desire to do.

So for some of us, being in Command is imperative as its an extension of how we see ourselves and how we must be. As the saying goes, It’s not just a job, it’s an adventure. Even as a Junior Officer I was known as the Bull by the Chief’s mess and they meant it in a good way. I am still in contact with many of them. At least those who are still with us.

Mister Lycan
SexyKittyKat
SexyKittyKat • Apr 14, 2020
Thank you Mister Lycan. I think I should find someone who is that natural Dominant. My job can put me in the middle of so much chaos. I want someone who can slow me down and still my mind.

Thank you for your honest open conversations.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Apr 14, 2020
For me it began to develop by association, kind of as a result of my job at the time ... seeing them made me feel safe, and believe that if they were there... everything would be ok. I’m not talking about only military here... I’m talking about any form of social service (police, ambulance, security etc etc). It’s an appreciation for what they endure, to enable me to be/feel safe. I remember a profile here a long time ago that stated that his natural tendency was to protect and watch over the flock. That really resonates with me.

Oddly I do seem to find myself surrounded by Navy men a lot these days... I’m not complaining icon_biggrin.gif
Bishop​(dom male)
3 years ago • Apr 15, 2020
Bishop​(dom male) • Apr 15, 2020
When I was a firefighter, both civilian and military, it gave me a profound sense of pride and dedication. One thing that appealed to me to do the job was the self-sacrifice and ability to care for and protect those entrusted to me on my watch. Our presence on a scene, whether it was a fire or other emergency, brought a sense of calm to those around us.
ShyMinx​(sub female){Taken}
Having been married to a service member I agree with Mister Lycan, especially " When they rise in rank, the accept the responsibility because that is the job, but they don’t prefer it..... at the end of a long work day or week, they prefer nothing more than to return to a vanilla life with a spouse who stands as their equal, or in some cases, prefer to hand over the reins to let someone else make the decisions either at home or to a Dom/Domme." That dominance/command seen in uniform is expected of them and it doesn't always translate to the home life for whatever reason. My husband was ready to chuck it at the door just for stress relief but that usually didn't last long- work would call. Darn electronic leashes!

There IS something about a guy in uniform though. With all the PT they're required to do now .....Grrrr!
How Ironic​(dom male)
How Ironic​(dom male) • Apr 15, 2020
In this day and age, the vast majority of men and women in the service are there as volunteers. They weren't forced into service, they signed up vouluntarily. That requires characteristic number one which I believe completely aligns with BDSM, commitment. For any relationship to be successful, you have to be committed, and signing a blank check up to and including your life is a very serious commitment.

The second characteristic in my opinion is confidence. There has to be an aura of confidence to be successful in the military world. Now, there are many that overstep that confidence and take it to the level of arrogance and that in my opinion is very distasteful. A confident person reassures those around him/her. Leaders, peers and subordinates rest easier knowing that a confident person is on the scene.

The third characteristic is knowledge. There are those that think that they know the answer. There are those that just plain guess. But the true leaders (and the ones that are successful) have the necessary knowledge to get the job done. If they don't have the knowledge, they admit that they don't and seek it out. That is true leadership. Knowing what you are capable of and knowing when to ask for assistance. A good DOM knows what he/she knows, and should know when they need assistance or guidance.

The final characteristic is trust. In the military you have to trust each other. If there is no trust, there is no way possible to get the job done. Trust is the backbone of the military and any BDSM relationship.

These are some of the reasons why those in uniform (civilian and military) are held in the regard that you speak of SKK. At least from my point of view.

USMCDOM
    The most loved post in topic
Bunnie
Bunnie • Apr 15, 2020
@ USMCDOM,

Well said.
SexyKittyKat
SexyKittyKat • Apr 15, 2020
Thank you all for your input. I agree that all military and civil servants make good eye candy in their uniforms. Yet it is the person inside that makes it their own.

I can understand wanting to allow someone else control after a stressful day.