Online now
Online now

In this time, we all need each other ....

IowaDom​(dom male)
3 years ago • Apr 21, 2020

In this time, we all need each other ....

IowaDom​(dom male) • Apr 21, 2020
I posted this as a blog, that is how it began at any rate, but I feel compelled to start a thread on the matter, Darkness is a terrible place to be, and if any out there need our collective support during this time, please, let's reach out to them and let them know they are not alone during this terrible time in our history.... and if you need help, reach out to us, we are here. If there is truly power in 2 of us, imagine what we can do as a group..... If you are able, reach out in this thread, so that power you receive can be used by others as well. If you cannot do so publicly, please do so privately.

shel·ter

noun
a place giving temporary protection from bad weather or danger.

verb
protect or shield from something harmful

It permeates our daily lives, we are ordered to do so by our leaders, under penalty of possible death caused by our own needs and actions.....

SHELTER IN PLACE

That is what the order reads. And before anybody reacts, or the angry mobs light their torches and make their way up the winding road to my castle (6 feet apart makes for a long line by the way), read on dear friends, read on.... complete the reading, then I stand at the mercy of your comments......

In our kinky little world, a world already judged by the masses of which I am ashamedly a former member, we share many different views of existence. I say ashamedly because I once too viewed the BDSM world as something wrong and terrible, practiced only by the demented, fueled by my own ignorance, devoid of any true understanding, something about which I literally knew nothing, and ignorantly accepted the common definitions. For that dear friends, I apologize.

Some like degradation and humiliation, some are drawn by the awesome power of sensuality that our world can provide, some seek to serve, and some seek to master. But there is one common thread that is woven throughout this world of ours... we understand what levels this world can propel us to, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. We know and understand the power of the true BDSM dynamic, it is the sun that brightens our world, gives us warmth and joy beyond understanding, fills our needs and satisfies our souls ...and it connects us all.

Now this terrible virus, this despicable COVID-19 virus has come along, and if it were not bad enough that it takes lives and destroys families, it does so by the cruelest method of all, human contact. The one thing that lies at the heart of our existence in this BDSM world, the soft caress of our lover, the gentle sting of the paddle, the sensual feeling of the rope as we are being restrained, the soft pre-orgasmic sighs and moans of our chosen partner in life. Shelter in place. that is the order.

We are to shelter ourselves from our sun, prevent its life giving beauty from reaching us, to allow the cold we have fought to keep at bay for so long to encompass our very souls. And the cruelest cut of all? We know we must obey this command if we are to keep our primary oath in tact, to protect those that we care about, for it could actually be us that causes the damage by the simplest touch or caress, or kiss on the forehead. Shelter it says .. I am fairly certain few in the vanilla world know the true meaning, we have been sheltering our people since we entered this world, just not in a temporary manner.

So we must choose to obey this SHELTER IN PLACE command. It is hard to do what I am suggesting next, but remember, I do not seek to harm you. We must shelter, that is true. But we must also send lifelines to our partners and friends. Let them know they are not truly alone, that the world outside their shelter will become habitable once again. that the touch they, and we, so desperately long for will not go away or vanish from existence. That we are where we have always been, here for them. That we endeavor to persevere, and we have not left them alone, for they are in the comforting bosom of our protection even now.....

To those that need our help, the power of the group is there for you, reach out to us... we'll be there,,,, to quote a Madea movie .... my wish is for us as a group ....

Take your place.I want every single one of you, young man, young woman, turn to the next person standing alongside of you. Grab them and hug them and tell them that you love 'em. Tell them, 'If you need anything, come to me.' 'If you need somebody to talk to, come to me.' 'I'll give you the shoulder, I'll give you the hug. I'll feed you, I'll clothe you if you need it. That's how you start from this moment.
    The most loved post in topic
LordofPain56
3 years ago • Apr 22, 2020
LordofPain56 • Apr 22, 2020
So sad that you and many other sheep in the United States are so racked with FEAR.
And, very sorry if you have no choice but to "shelter-in-place" as your power-hungry overlords have commanded, maybe because you live in a high-rise apartment in the big city where the gestapo is patrolling to see if anyone is dis-obeying your "ruler's" commands.
Yes, I too live in one of the most obtusely liberal States in the union and the governor is thinking of extending the "shelter-in-place" order until at least mid May. But I have not obeyed for one second.
I thought this was supposed to be a free country where the people have RIGHTS. I have every right to walk out my front door and work in my yard, or my back door to work in my vegetable garden, all day if I want to. I have every right to get in my jalopy and drive around if they feel like it. I am not harming anyone by doing these things and if I want to sit in a church parking lot and listen to the pastors speech over a loudspeaker, that isn't putting anybody in danger either.
The government, not the mayor, not the State governor, not the beurocrats in Washington DC have NO RIGHT to tell me I can't walk around the block for my health or step outside for some sunshine. They can take their martial law (by another name) and stick it up their you know what.
I will practice "social-distancing" at the line in the grocery store out of courtesy for the other shoppers, but I do not FEAR catching the Chinese plague from another shopper or anyone else I happen to encounter in my outings, even though I am an older person who may not have the best immune system. It is G O D who will decide when it is my time to go and how I will go, and if I did happen to catch the Wuhan flu and die, I still will not regret the time I spent doing whatever I was doing.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Apr 22, 2020
I had always heard that tragedy brought out the best in people, and the worst in people.
When I worked in an industry that I saw this with my own eyes, I finally understood what was meant by that.
Now again, I see the same thing. Thank goodness for people who behave like beacons of light for those who may be sinking.

Its never about the “actual event”... it’s about how we respond. It’s easy to be cynical. It’s easy to attack others when we feel scared or uncertain. What is hard is caring. Caring even though you can’t make it stop or make the pain go away. Sitting in truth with someone and acknowledging your fears together, and laughing at our humanness and crying at our fragility and admiring our strength.

This is a beautiful beacon. Thank you icon_smile.gif
IowaDom​(dom male)
IowaDom​(dom male) • Apr 22, 2020
Thank you Bunnie. I would also like to ask that nobody reply to the obvious Troll attempt to derail this thread. the thread was created to support those who need our help, and taking it off topic will not do anything to help them.
FloraDragon​(dom male){Roaming Wi}
The world is on a journey, fear and worry surround is all - lets be honest even the people in power where ever they are in this shining marble of a planet do not know what to do. They are learning form each other - one country does this and it works then others follow suite, if that country fails then a different plan is put in place, fluidity and flexibility is was is needed.

There are people for whom live in their own bubble - believing the world is there for them no mater what. I fear for their long term mental and physical health.

We live in a blame culture which generates fear, it is always some ones fault, well sometimes it's not. I expect my tea to be hot if I spill it on myself - well that is my fault, if I asked for a Frappuccino spilt it on myself got heat burned well yes I need a word with someone.

Trust, respect and care seems to be disappearing from the world, fear and isolation replacing them - that is why when I am practicing my social isolation it is important that I remain positive and supportive to all. I joined this site a short while ago, have met some wonderful people and am developing a relationship with a female submissive, I sea myself as a lighthouse on a stormy sea, I am open and honest and more importantly positive in these waves of uncertainly to any submissive that requires it, (I have a duty of care).

I have a responsibility to say healthy so I can provide the nurture that is required, social distancing has put a lot of pressure on relationships, however a relationship built on respect, trust, honesty and care - oh and maybe the odd contact, has the best chance of success -

Remember Doms can be vulnerable too.

Positive thoughts to all those who are suffering at the moment.