Online now
Online now

Multiple Personas

Faerietattoo​(switch female){None}
6 years ago • Aug 8, 2017

Multiple Personas

This dilemma has been bothering me for months, and even after advice I am still stumped. What to do for the best? *Deep breath* It needs to be said. It is happening, and although I understand it still feels wrong to let it continue. Although I do think its funny when they talk to each other........... So, do I risk making a fool of myself and possible 'excommunication' from this tribe by reporting it to admin? Or do I just make lots of popcorn and enjoy the show?........ Further guidance please, anyone?
Misdee​(dom female)

It was the multiple personas that got me!

Misdee​(dom female) • Aug 8, 2017
On the internet in general it is easy to be or pretend to be someone that you really are not. Perhaps people do this because they need to feel safe. Perhaps people do this to get something that they don't think they can find if they are genuine.
People could pose as anyone , but the sad truth is that I don't believe that a person can truly get what they want unless they are themselves as in the end, we will be who we are anyway.
Sooo if you are for example having a profile as a sub then having a profile as a Dom, excuse my logic here but what does one expect to gain from that?
Of course these are my opinions and thoughts and no one else's.
Ok sorry I just went on a bit of a rant and I think I high jacked your post please accept my apologies!
Thanks, posing as both sub and Dom is exactly what I mean - hence the humour when they are talking to themselves. Also switching between genders for further effect.
But still the question remains - what to do for the best?
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Aug 8, 2017
If individuals want to have two profiles to represent their dominant or submissive sides (for example) then I think we must allow it as a form of self expression. I'm sure there are a variety of reasons why someone might choose to have more than one profile. Perhaps those that do so can share some of their reasons. We can only hope that everyone acts with some ethical standard. But just in case, go slow and to use common sense when interacting with anyone online (or off for that matter) . We'll do our best to remove those scamming (for money or to promote commercial interests) or those who are threatening or abusive (please report them). Everything else we leave to consenting adults to navigate. Hopefully we can use our discussion forums and blogs to share thoughts and experiences to improve everyone's experience.
    The most loved post in topic
Misdee​(dom female)
Misdee​(dom female) • Aug 8, 2017
Yes I see your point Evangeline, I agree with freedom of speech and everyone being included. You are quite right it would be nice to hear more about this as perhaps it would help me understand the perspective of others more fully.
Ok, having two profiles seems ok (ish). But what if a person has more than that. Is having 5 separate profiles ok? And if 5 is ok then why not 8 or 10? I am in here as I am out there, only one human being. More than slightly ridiculous at the best of times. And playing a dangerous game of agent provocateur right now. So, that said, further thoughts please?
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Aug 8, 2017
You could probably throw dozens (or more) scenarios at me in which someone could circumvent the rules and spirit of the community requiring us to act. I don't have an exact number for you in this scenario or a list of every circumstance in which we'd remove a user. I can promise you that if we feel someone is acting in a way that harms the community as a whole we'll do our best to deal with the situation, judging each situation on it's own merit. I suggest everyone read our TOS and Community Standards linked at the bottom of every page. These are what we will use to make any moderation decisions in a way that we hope is fair and reasonable to everyone.

If someone is harassing you report them. If someone is annoying you ignore them.
Rhymes with Bomb​(dom male)
6 years ago • Aug 12, 2017
My thought is towards those who have genuinely expressed multiple personalities, not posing or experimenting, but being presented in various roles or modalities ... or is being a sub/babygirl/brat/slave etc. an example of compatiblly combined personas ... what about a trans/switch/domanatrix/poly crucifix?

Center-left