Online now
Online now

Psycologist

House Talion​(dom male)
3 years ago • May 15, 2020

Psycologist

House Talion​(dom male) • May 15, 2020
Tried posting such a thread on fetlife, but as we all know that place is crap. So . . . .

My wife has been dealing with certain issues for the past several years, which is longer than weve been married, and told mentonfind her help. So, anyone know a psychologist that understands this lifestyle?
Mama Bear JJ​(dom female){koa}
3 years ago • May 15, 2020
I'm not familiar with one that is. Hopefully someone else knows of someone.

If something urgent has come up and she needs someone to talk to in the meantime, I'd be happy to try to help. I'm not a licensed psychologist, but I do have the degree ... I went with being a lawyer instead. I volunteer with local mental health organizations to help out on their hotlines and with support groups. I deal with mental health issues a lot, not to mention dealing with several of my own - depression, anxiety, a little bit of OCD.

So ... available to listen and offer understanding, support, and any advice I can in the meantime until she can find someone familiar with the lifestyle to help. If interested, she can message me here or you may to get my info for an alternate messaging method 💕
Fallible Malleable
3 years ago • May 16, 2020
Fallible Malleable • May 16, 2020
Greetings- Not sure if you have already tried this route or not but, there are several websites that might be able to help you and your wife find professional help. If you do a search under Polyamory-Friendly Professionals Directory it breaks services down by state and the various professions. You can also try to google BDSM friendly, Kink friendly, or sex positive kink allied professionals in your area. Keep in mind that the person best able to assist you might not be right in your area so be prepared to travel a short distance if it means getting your wife the help that she needs. The fact that you are looking to help her find the right help is a good start. Be well.
AngelBunny
3 years ago • May 16, 2020
AngelBunny • May 16, 2020
With COVID-19 a lot of therapists are doing video conferencing so if you can't find one in your area that might be a possibility. Usually the therapist needs to be licensed in the state where you are at but I heard that NJ has waived this requirement due to shortage of therapists. You would need to check with your insurance too. There are also lots of master level mental health therapists who are good at therapy so don't discount them. Another route to take would be to look at sex therapists, some of them are poly and kink friendly and deal with other issues beside sex. Best of luck!