Online now
Online now

What is one question that turns you off to a potential?

KisforKitten​(sub female)
3 years ago • Jan 27, 2021
KisforKitten​(sub female) • Jan 27, 2021
Honestly, I really hate it when one of the first things someone says to me is " Would you like to be my sub" or "I'm looking for a sub and I think you fit".

I'm just like yes of course, random person i've never spoken to with no information on your profile and no photo sure i'll be your sub. Maybe just say Hi first or talk to me!!
MisterAshmodai​(dom male)
3 years ago • Jan 27, 2021
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • Jan 27, 2021
I do not really have any turn of questions (I’m sure I could come up with something, but it would not be in keeping with the spirit of this forum), but I do find that others showing distaste for certain questions can turn me off.
If you have the audacity to decry any generic getting-to-know-you type question when your profile contains zero information, this is a turn off.
If your profile talks about your height, your cats (despite how much I want to know about your cats), and your job, and nothing else, the question ‘what are you into?’ is reasonable after initial introductions. This is a kink site. If your profile has nothing about your kinks, the question is eventually going to come up.
Anyone who expects a well written novel as the first message. I often start the conversation with ‘hello’ or some iteration thereof. I’ve written plenty of lengthy intro messages that go unread. I understand the desire to see effort. I understand that meeting people can be difficult and meeting for intimate connection even more so, but is it really that insulting? Just say hello in return and the next message will have some content. I have a well written profile for a reason. Read that and decide if you are interested, then just say hello back. I know that I go into any potential connection a step back because I am poly (not that popular, it turns out), and I tend to look goofy in photos.
Anyone who expects me to keep the entire conversation going, especially if they have any sort of public qualifier that any prospective party should be able to keep the conversation going.
I am aware that my success rate increases exponentially the further into the initial few hours of conversation gets, and I am a fairly awkward conversationalist. It just makes me wonder how many people miss out because of automatic turn of questions.
Solarlee​(sub female)
3 years ago • Jan 31, 2021
Solarlee​(sub female) • Jan 31, 2021
For me, it's the standard "How are you doing today?" when we have never communicated before. My response is probably going to be "good". Let me know WHY you wanted to send me a message! What did you see that grabbed your attention? Otherwise I have to assume you're just fishing.
ErosRising​(dom male){Hekate}
3 years ago • Jan 31, 2021
BlackEarthDuke wrote:
I often start the conversation with ‘hello’ or some iteration thereof. I’ve written plenty of lengthy intro messages that go unread.

I always preferred those and I always replied with Hi! Lol

It is how it’s done in person, minus the facial expression and flirty tone. A lot of us are totally worth the first couple of awkward texts to get to the rest of who we are.

To answer the question though:
Do you want to see my .......?😊

~Psyche
propertyforuse​(sub female)
3 years ago • Feb 4, 2021
tallslenderguy wrote:
"Tell me about yourself."

I have always *hated* that question, especially when I usually have some sort of very well-written profiles, blogs, etc that explains every little bit I could think of to describe myself, what I was looking for etc, but yet, they ask this question.

My favorite response to me saying that they could read all of the information they are asking about on my (insert whatever it is) was,

"that takes to long, i don't want to read all of that."

I messaged him back and said "so.....you want to read emails that tell you the same exact thing???? Seems legit."
TalentedOptimist​(dom male){open}
KisforKitten wrote:
Honestly, I really hate it when one of the first things someone says to me is " Would you like to be my sub" or "I'm looking for a sub and I think you fit".

I'm just like yes of course, random person i've never spoken to with no information on your profile and no photo sure i'll be your sub. Maybe just say Hi first or talk to me!!

Finally. Someone gets it.
nuli​(sub female){Unkolared}
FloraDragon wrote:
I am lying here naked - what are you going to do to me?

Well first step over you and go and make a nice cup of Earl Grey.

Somehow that ended the conversation.

FD

ROFL i can soooo see that happening! those type of questions always makes me giggle
nuli​(sub female){Unkolared}
TalentedOptimist wrote:
KisforKitten wrote:

Finally. Someone gets it.

or when they say a day or two later....how about now have you decided? UGH
Kelpi
3 years ago • Feb 7, 2021
Kelpi • Feb 7, 2021
For me it is the word "rape". I know some are into the play but it is a turn off for me because of my stepfather and my 3 sisters. I just xan't do it even when it is play