Online now
Online now

Permanent Blocking Option is Needed

FearlessBrat​(sub female){H.PL.}
3 years ago • Jun 1, 2020

Permanent Blocking Option is Needed

Hey Cage Moderators and Stuffers.
Perhaps you thought about it already but....Speaking on behalf of those for whom:

1)conections/relationships didn't work out and they are having hard time to move on since they have to see the other party moving on...
2) Stalking behaviours. Yes they cannot contact you but still they can view your profile and blogs. Reach out to potential/collared partners or friends or those who follow your blogs or view forum interactions.
3) and for privacy/other reasons just becasue....(yes we can still report to you guys but....it could save you time and trouble of investigating etc.)
4) the blocked party shouldn't be able to see your profile, blogs, forum and chat interactions

Many thanks in advance,

N.G.
    The most loved post in topic
Miki

Re: Permanent Blocking Option is Needed

Miki • Jun 1, 2020
NewbieGemini wrote:
Hey Cage Moderators and Stuffers.
Perhaps you thought about it already but....Speaking on behalf of those for whom:

1)conections/relationships didn't work out and they are having hard time to move on since they have to see the other party moving on...
2) Stalking behaviours. Yes they cannot contact you but still they can view your profile and blogs. Reach out to potential/collared partners or friends or those who follow your blogs or view forum interactions.
3) and for privacy/other reasons just becasue....(yes we can still report to you guys but....it could save you time and trouble of investigating etc.)
4) the blocked party shouldn't be able to see your profile, blogs, forum and chat interactions

Many thanks in advance,

N.G.

Love it! Cage Moderators and Stuffers.. Yeah there be cage-stuffers in here. Gotta love a timely typo.

As to the subject, I have only had to block 2 creatures. Never had trouble with them afterwards. They simply moved on to chase better asses I guess.. But when one visits the site without logging in, they can see at least parts of profiles and of course can browse blogs and threads and see what another is up to even if blocked, so that's a fair solution but nothing is foolproof.

On a related note, I have asked about a "stealth mode" on a couple occasions only so as not to belabor the point. I'd like to come in, read blogs and posts and check the mailbox and scoot back out of here, but as it is, if I linger more than 5 minutes, maybe 10, by inbox starts getting hit, as does Bond. I spend short bursts of time in here and try mightily to neither be rude nor get pinned down yacking with people who somehow have radar set to ping as soon as I show up.
SirsBabyDoll​(sub female){Pizza+☕}
Yes, the emotional toll is hard....and sometimes it's hard to hold your tongue and allow people to just "be".

Not to mention just not liking someone so much that simply seeing their name sets your teeth on edge.

Last edited by * on Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total
Taramafor​(sub male)
Taramafor​(sub male) • Jun 1, 2020
SirsBabyDoll wrote:
Yes, the emotional toll is hard....and sometimes it's hard to hold your tongue and allow people to just "be".

Not to mention just not liking someone so much that simply seeing their name sets your teeth on edge.

True. But we must also consider that people that fall on hard times and want nothing to do with each other...

Also tend to miss each other even when they're afraid and hate each others guts. I have exes that blocked me. But then we're there for each other. Do you really want to lose someone for good? Don't have to always talk to them but without the odd "Hey. Hi. Sup." it makes further communication (and therefor good relations) impossible. And even if you do toss someone aside and cut them out of your life it still doesn't change the fact you had your own hand in how you both suffered. Your own responsibility for it. Of which you might have tried to dodge and circumvent and deny.

Then you see them. Even if blocked, even if ignored. In the same area. You think about them even when logging into the same site. Trying to forget. Yet remembering how you hurt each other. With the question lingering. "Can we improve on the past". It haunts you. Can make you do stupid shit.

So, if we're talking SPECIFICALLY about that, then I state that people that get back in touch tend to work things out somehow. Extreme volatile situations included. Not guaranteed but the chance is enough for me. Even if it means lots of misunderstandings and wondering why you can't make each other happy. Or even hating, provided the other person remains in control. It's the "out of control" that you have to worry about. Especially when it falls under good intentions. It gets technical. And falling into other topics.

On the other hand if someone is a closed minded judgemental clown that kink shames and insults you pretending not to be afraid I wouldn't hesitate to put them on block. If only because they're being a hypocrite and showing how out of control their fear is. The fear I do not mind. can love it even. When controlled. But calling someone easily triggered when you insult people? Complaining about how people assume when they compare you to others? You get the idea. It's not even the hypocrisy that bothers me. It's the lack of accountability and claiming responsibility for ones own actions. Well, that and the HONESTY of the situation. Assumptions are that. Assumptions. Assumptions stem from fear. Mistrust IS fear.

Can love a monster. Can't do anything about someone not even aware of what they do. I'll give people a chance if they talk down on me. But if you can't even admit why then, understanding as I am, even I'm done with that. It's the only time I block people. Any other situation can end well even if unpleasant. But I can guarantee this won't. You can't trust someone that can't even admit their own fears and insecurities. And i'm my experience people like that turn their back on you the first chance they get. even my toxic ex (she's a sweetheart now) who hated my guts gave me more respect then that.

The worst part? Judgemental morons have good intentions. But they know not the harm they cause. their fear consumes them. And it's out of control. Plain and simple. If someone shows they're somewhat open minded at least (in other words consider something other then your own viewpoint) then sure. Someone close minded talking down on you? Noooope.

I can actually get into being insulted and degraded. So you know it's serious when someone crosses the line. That line is a simple one. Dishonest, mistrustful assumptions. Lies.
Quirkyrebel​(sub female)
Quirkyrebel​(sub female) • Jun 1, 2020
Sure they have a limit profile viewing to registered users option. And blocking can currently block a user. But some things about the block have flaws. Like that the block only works on the user you choose to block. And for the other users sending messages to you... I think a blocked user could still create a new account and message you with that one. Which would suck. Got to be glad for the report user option! XD
BigBubbles
BigBubbles • Jun 1, 2020
Yes!! Please do something about this. It's not fair when you block someone that THEY can still see everything you do but chat.