Online now
Online now

Permanent Blocking Option is Needed

FearlessBrat​(sub female){H.PL.}
3 years ago • Jun 1, 2020
[quote="Quirkyrebel"]Sure they have a limit profile viewing to registered users option. And blocking can currently block a user. But some things about the block have flaws. Like that the block only works on the user you choose to block. And for the other users sending messages to you... I think a blocked user could still create a new account and message you with that one. Which would suck. Got to be glad for the report user option! XD[/quote

Well I would assume they would creat a new account with the same email. I am not familiar with website coding and I am sure it can be somehow implemented...
Also I do not think they would bother to creat a new account just to stalk you if they have long invested standing on the site. Too much work...unless they are that sick....but at least the idea behind it is for You the blocker to have some type piece of mind of not being bothered by someone you do not wish to.
I am sure the Cage squad can figure it out.
LilAmethyst​(sub female){DaddyDrago}
3 years ago • Jun 1, 2020

Re: Permanent Blocking Option is Needed

NewbieGemini wrote:
Hey Cage Moderators and Stuffers.
Perhaps you thought about it already but....Speaking on behalf of those for whom:

1)conections/relationships didn't work out and they are having hard time to move on since they have to see the other party moving on...
2) Stalking behaviours. Yes they cannot contact you but still they can view your profile and blogs. Reach out to potential/collared partners or friends or those who follow your blogs or view forum interactions.
3) and for privacy/other reasons just becasue....(yes we can still report to you guys but....it could save you time and trouble of investigating etc.)
4) the blocked party shouldn't be able to see your profile, blogs, forum and chat interactions

Many thanks in advance,

N.G.

I whole heartedly agree with your request. πŸ‘πŸ˜

But, I would like encourage you to consider re-posting this under technical support section here in the forums. As the moderators and cage staff tend to see it and respond a lot quicker. πŸ’œ
MalakaiY​(dom male)
3 years ago • Jun 2, 2020
MalakaiY​(dom male) • Jun 2, 2020
Am I the only one seeing a problem with this?
Such an implementation will just devalue the forum and potentially kill the platform like it has many others
The reason is very simple: It will never be enough.

Let's just do a hypothetical here, and say what you said is implemented.
To block someone from viewing your forum, blog, chatrooms, or other interactions, they would need to be denied access right?
Because simply blacking out your portions doesn't protect you from being quoted or paraphrased.
The blocked person can probably also make a logical guess as to what you said or posted.
But what about his "potential/collared partners or friends" that might be able to view it?
They should be blocked from viewing it too right, along with anyone they chatted with?
To protect your privacy, right?
But why stop there?
They should also be blocked from viewing your friends' interactions too, right?
Because they could potentially stalk your friends for some reason.
Eventually, people that viewed your content multiple times could be considered "potentially stalkerish" too then, couldn't they?
Care to take a guess what the end result is?
It always starts with that first step, doesn't it?

Let's say you break up someone in real life: Do you call their ISP to block all information relating to you, and tell them and their friends to move to another city too? Why not? Why stop there?

I'm also going to say this.
I seriously doubt you care that a past partner is "having a hard time moving on", and that this is more about the fact that it bothers YOU that they'll still able to view whatever you don't want them to view. There's nothing wrong with that, but don't pretend you're trying to do a public good or something.

I get it. Sometimes you meet crappy people that you wish you haven't. Sometimes you want full control over your privacy.
But consider not burning down the whole building.
@Neptune1

First of all we have the right to privacy and block whom ever we wish to without giving them reason. That's our prerogative... And this should be an option.
Secondly, you make this sooooo complicated where other online platforms have no problem creating permanent blocking.
Facebook, Tweeter, Instagram, Fetlife the list goes on.
MalakaiY​(dom male)
MalakaiY​(dom male) • Jun 2, 2020
@NewbieGemini

You're missing the point.
In an ideal world, everyone can post whatever they wish whenever and have perfect levels of privacy.
It's not possible to have the level of privacy you want without destroying a site or forum.

And yes, it's not as easy or simple as you might imagine, because stalkers/harassers will just find a way around it.
In order to have the privacy-proof kind of site you want, it would end up non-functional.
I'm assuming you don't follow trends in the tech world, but lesser versions of what you have suggested have been attempted and failed.

You mentioned Facebook, Twitter, FetLife, and such...Yeah, they definitely have problems of their own.
@Neptun1

I nowhere stated about bullet proof permanent blocking. Even reporting is not since they can use a new email and create a new account....but why should we make it easy especially if it is doable?
And no it won't affect blogs or forum because simply those won't be viewable to the blocked party.....unless they creat a new profile and that would only prove how sick they actually are.
It might require more work with site's coding(not an expert on it) but when it comes to forum when someone is mentioned in a reply that conversation/commment should be invisible only to the blocked party...

The important part is to give as little as possible access to you when it comes to unrequited attention.
JadeMermaid​(sub female)
JadeMermaid​(sub female) • Jun 2, 2020
The fact they can still see my actions, is the only reason I have not blocked many. I like to know where my enemies are at all times, if they can still observe me. A permanent block feature would perhaps stop the additional stalking from "Multiple dummy accounts" because the user can no longer obsess and focus on you. You have to consider that some of the people we interact with here on Cage, are local to us. And have the ability to find/track us down IRL. Cutting them off from any further information, best protects members.
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Jun 2, 2020
We've been reading your comments and appreciate everyone's feedback.