Online now
Online now

"Insta-dom"...?

MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
3 years ago • Jun 7, 2020

Re: Insta - Dom

LearningThings wrote:
An "insta-dom" is a term referring to a "Dom" who instantly thinks they're a Dom after watching a video, or reading a blog about it.

For instance, watching 50 Shades of Grey, then thinking "hey, I can do that, I'm a Dom now".

It's a term used to make or poke fun at "Doms" who claim experience while only having watched a video or read a single blog.

The above is also what I believed the title meant.

Some also use the word "ubber" Dom/me to mean the same thing (over the top with little real knowledge)

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/uber
SkyV​(dom male)

For Clarity...

SkyV​(dom male) • Jun 7, 2020
SkyV wrote:
...I have my proof...

I mean that 'she's not the one'. I'm not terribly concerned about putting women off, being myself. Nor of being perceived as an I-D. I just like to become clearer on how I am perceived. Then I can decide if I am comfortable with it.

@skyrich
skyrich wrote:
...You get some experience...

How might you recommend going about doing that?
skyrich​(dom male){rottenbrat}
@SkyV

How does one get experience in any other advent of life? Of course, COVID has put the kibosh on a lot of things, but once this nonsense is over, find a local dungeon, or BDSM group. Get involved, take some classes, read blogs and fora, learn some things.

Like driving a car, you don't start by entering the NASCAR or the Indy 500, and certainly not a demolition derby. You start *slowly*, and build up judgement, experience, and hopefully some wisdom. Then you build on what you've learned, and the process continues throughout your life. Keep learning, practice what you've learned. A local dungeon can be of great help here, if you don't have a sub of your own.

Also, start now, with yourself. Master yourself. Find something in your life which you can assert your control over, and own it. Master it, and change it. This will give you experience in mastering another. If you do find a sub who is willing to learn and grow with you, LISTEN to her, especially if she has more experience than you. She can teach you quite a bit.

Take it slowly, carefully, with purpose, and with deliberation.

Good luck!