Online now
Online now

Online Vs Face to Face - Relationship

LuciferJA
3 years ago • Jun 7, 2020

Online Vs Face to Face - Relationship

LuciferJA • Jun 7, 2020
Do you think it's better to get to a know a Partner Online first and then meet up ? Or get to know each other Face to Face right away ?

And... Why ?

icon_smile.gif
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • Jun 7, 2020
Doing so face to dave has more advantages cause you both get to see all actions and reactions from whatever you're talking about. I've always said nita bestbuy meet atvs bar cause drinking makes you less self conscious, but dont go home together after a first date so you can at least be kinda reaponsible
HisHunnyBun​(sub female){Taken}
Hmmm......
Both have their advantages.

Online to offline
Pro: you know a lot about them and conversations don't turn awkward.
Con: unless you know their schedule, the time to talk is limited

Offline only
Pro: you will end up spending the whole time chatting which could be a long time depending on how long the date is.
Con: it will take you longer to get to know them.

I'm currently in a online relationship.
So far I've learned he likes the same things I do (cooking/video games). The thing I don't know about him is where he works.

P.S. make sure if you do the online to offline path to make sure to call and video chat with the person. You don't want to be chatting with someone who isn't who they claim to be!
    The most loved post in topic
ObsidianOx​(dom male)
ObsidianOx​(dom male) • Jun 7, 2020
Its a combo of both. Sometimes you may need to vet people and ask qualifying questions (Vanilla & Kinky) through conversation before hand. You don't want to be meeting up with someone you don't have anything in common with, or even worse their primary fetish that is your hard limit. I do very much agree with face to face is way more personable and exciting.
LuciferJA
LuciferJA • Jun 7, 2020
@ObsidianOx​(dom male)

I Agree!

One of the important things about Online Relationship is that you don't wanna meet someone you have nothing in common with. I've been there and that's why i consider this a Plus to Online before meeting up.

Let's see more reactions, As i have another idea coming up that is connected to this Post. (Will post it soon)
tallslenderguy​(other male)
3 years ago • Jun 8, 2020
i grew up in a family of non-communicators and books were my friends from an early age, so i have always loved the written word and anyone who is willing to communicate by writing. my first intimate relationship with a face to face communicator was a shock. i had grown up having to figure out what those close to me were thinking or feeling by observation since there was little actual verbal communication (of any depth). It was painful for me to learn that people don't actually read minds (tongue in cheek there), and a method for someone to know your feelings and thoughts is to tell them with words. i used to get angry (the male version of hurt) when my S.O. didn't understand where i was coming from. It was an epiphany for me to realize how useful words were in conveying those things, so i flipped the other way (and had a fair amount of skill being a reader from an early age) and became a lover of communication of all sorts. But as a reader and some who loves the written word, i confess a love for online written exchange... even though i have been burned more times than not when the meet finally took place.

i think it's always different in person.

i remember as a kid of 15 buying a book called "People Reading" ( now out of print, i have't been able to find it). At that age it opened a whole world for me, learning about tone and visual cues and how big a part of communication they are. None of that exists in written words, and people get in trouble with text all the time putting the wrong voice or tone to a received text (there are sites dedicated to funny miscommunication in texts). i think this is a decent article on some of the science of tonal and visual cues, communication: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/beyond-words/201109/is-nonverbal-communication-numbers-game

Personally, i want both. i fall very quickly for a Guy who can articulate who He is in writing, sometimes having to back peddle when we meet because (it seems) "it's always different in person." i already have unrequited love for a couple of straight Guys on this site who triggered my "crazy about you" switch just from Their writing (they have no idea, hey, i'm not creepy. They might pick up on it in if we met in person, idk, prolly not. Hell, the guys i think i am trying to hide my ogling them at work, don't even know i am gay... so i , must not be too obvious. i guess i've learned how to hide my visual and tonal cues. Not something i do with a date though. One Dom told me He liked how i "wear my heart on my sleeve." i did with Him, He definitely triggered my thrill button face to face.
alawey​(sub female){(OWNED BY }
Ok I'll share again ...
To me you need a mixture of both in a way.
When I met Wolf it was online and was very vanilla chats the first time we chatted on the phone was after already being friends and exchanged f.b info. When we met face to face it was a weeklong visit. ( seeing we where in different states) had more visits . And then we decided ldr was to hard for us we wanted to be together always. So I moved to his state and bought a house. We live together with our fur baby now for just under two yrs.

I know I have 1 . Shared this many times.
2. Have written blogs on the difference between online vs RL, along with ways to stay safe when meeting
J o l l y​(sub female){Nillaw♡}
Personally I've always like talking to someone online first. As said before, it makes it way less awkward when you do meet. It's also easier to be more comfortable around that person. I mean either way, eventually you'll meet if things are serious. But I'm also super socially awkward in person. So I like to get to know the person ahead of time so it's easier to come up with topic conversations. I so hate those awkward silences.
Badgirlblues​(dom male)
Badgirlblues​(dom male) • Jun 8, 2020
I can never surmise or predict what anyone is like through solely on-line communication. Not to be to officious, but social perception research has found that people get a much better understanding of someone through a five minute video than a long list of attributes or a long statement of personal attitudes and traits. Which makes me wonder why there aren't more sites that focus on presenting 'selfie-videos.' Maybe it's because of a fear that one will be recognized.