Online now
Online now

Attraction and profile pictures

Redamancy
3 years ago • Jun 16, 2020

Attraction and profile pictures

Redamancy • Jun 16, 2020
Hi all, i am a submissive woman looking for a dominant life time partner. I have noticed through my short time being here that many dominant men do not have profile pictures. Now im not sure about you other submissive individuals, but i need to be equally attracted physically and mentally to my dominant half in order for the relationship to work. And quiet honestly i dont want to waste time talking to someone who I am not personally attracted to. Now im not saying include a picture of your face, but maybe one of your bottom half, or even a small description about yourself in the info section. What do y'all think? Do you find this important when looking for a partner or is their dominant demeanor enough for you?
    The most loved post in topic
LordofPain56
LordofPain56 • Jun 16, 2020
I have never posted a photo in any dating website, not that I look that bad. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. It is a matter of personal privacy to me. I also am NOT a member of any social media websites at all, so no photos on internet. There is an honest description of my build, hair, eye color and all that somewhere in my profile, but I can understand that people want to see your face.
I would think that if someone reads your profile and sees enough similarities in what she wants, she could contact that person, trade messages and exchange photos privately. But, maybe that's asking too much. I am an old hillbilly. Everybody must have instant gratification these days. I think that good things come to those with patience.
Drennon​(dom male)
Drennon​(dom male) • Jun 16, 2020
Arguably, the same can be said about submissives. A lot of people in general don't have a picture. I agree with LordofPain that it is mostly a privacy thing. A lot of people don't necessarily want their picture on their profile and having it linked back to their personal life or something.

It would be nice if there was a section when creating your profile for people to enter some of their features, like height, hair color, what have you. I don't know how many people would filling it out though. A lot of people don't even put their age and that drive me nuts.

I guess it just comes down to asking. Take a day or so to get to know them. If you can get along with them, then they are worth asking for a picture. Most people don't mind giving one if you ask nicely.
Lexxa​(sub female)
Lexxa​(sub female) • Jun 16, 2020
Human attraction is complex so the answer to this question is going to vary from person to person.

In my time here I've come across many profiles, from both sides of the slash, that are upfront about requiring visual/physical attraction in their relationships. Most of those profiles will list out attributes that they're seeking if they have specific requirements. Others just leave it general, but still stipulate that they must find their partner physically attractive. It's perfectly ok to make it clear on your profile that physical attraction is necessary and that you'll need to see a photo sooner rather than later. We're all human and we all have our own individual needs and requirements in order to feel fulfilled.

For me personally, attraction is entirely based on personality, mental connection and how someone conducts themselves. If I resonate well with someone's personality, and I find the way they interact with the world around them attractive, then I will typically find them physically attractive too regardless of how they look on the surface. My only physical preference when it comes to a potential partner's appearance is that they be taller than me.
BigBubbles
BigBubbles • Jun 16, 2020
I do find it frustrating. But I also respect someone's right to privacy. Personality can make or break an attraction. But generally there has to be some sort of physical attraction. I do find it a red flag if after you've talked awhile and inquired about how they look and the still havent complied . Especially when they've seen me. But I would think they could at the very least give a description of themselves in the profile. Age, height, weight, etc.
Grey Eyes​(sub female){Owned}
I am a sub female. Before I joined the Cage I read the responses of Doms on blogs and forum for weeks. I noticed some seemed shallow, some gave well thought out opinions. Wasn't looking for looks, age, height.

For me, it's inner beauty that is stunning. I need to have a connection to their wisdom, heart, personality, intelligence, likes, dislikes, and interests....their inner beauty so to speak. Anything further on the outside is just cream.

But then, I was looking for LTR and for me, at my age of 64, the inner self is far more attractive. I don't need outward good looks to be attracted to my One, though I think he is absolutely gorgeous.

Good looks fade folks. But if you only want something short term...more power to ya.
Literate Lycan​(dom male)
Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Jun 16, 2020
Good morning,

I do not disagree regarding the need for physical attraction, although when I connect to someone through intelligence and emotion, I tend to find their outward trappings much more attractive and probably don’t see flaws (for want of a better term). Probably why when I am attracted to someone - really attracted to someone - I see them as the most brilliant and beautiful individual regardless of how they see themselves.

As was stated above by others, many prefer their privacy and anonymity on a site like this (regardless of how bold and Dominant we may be, often society will view those who partake of this lifestyle in a different way and regrettably many prefer to keep themselves in the shadows hidden within the safety of sites like this so their professional and possibly personal images aren’t tarnished by misconception from Vanillas) we also don’t need to be seen as just eye candy. (I realize candy may be a trigger word, so apologies in advance 😉). I like to think I’m in exceptional physical shape (not just for a man of my mileage but consider myself in better physical condition than men I have 20 - 30 years on - its just a fact) and I believe I’m physically attractive - although I consider my mind and imagination to be better attributes. I do reserve my photos to be shared specifically - but very early - when meeting friends. I do want my friends to have a face and body to go with who I am. Once I make friends, they also get my name and more personal details.

As for receiving photos from others, when they feel comfortable or ready, they can share what they actually look like and who they are when their time is right. I tend to find beauty in all shapes, sizes and color patterns.

All the best today,
LL
GlitterBiscuit{Not lookin}
GlitterBiscuit{Not lookin} • Jun 16, 2020
You can be attracted to someone’s picture and someone’s online personality but there is no reality until your in their personal space ( not saying sexually).
Dellydoodah​(neither female)
BigBubbles wrote:
I do find it frustrating. But I also respect someone's right to privacy. Personality can make or break an attraction. But generally there has to be some sort of physical attraction. I do find it a red flag if after you've talked awhile and inquired about how they look and the still havent complied . Especially when they've seen me. But I would think they could at the very least give a description of themselves in the profile. Age, height, weight, etc.

I've been chatting to someone for a LONG time..he knows what I look like but make some silly excuse about showing his face to me.
I don't think I'm shallow but ...
Not going another inch and he doesn't understand why...duh