Online now
Online now

Attraction and profile pictures

House Talion​(dom male)
3 years ago • Jun 16, 2020
House Talion​(dom male) • Jun 16, 2020
I'll chat with anyone as most need some guidance or assistance, but in a partner I always count on attraction by 3 ways. Physical, mental, social. Must be physically attracted, need mental attraction, and want social attraction. Inevitably it's the way you look, think, and act.
RedKat{Not now }
RedKat{Not now } • Jun 16, 2020
Intelligence is extremely hot to me, then I go from there. Too many just use their head for a hat rack.
curious butterfly​(masochist female)

Re: Attraction and profile pictures

Aesthetics are of no concern to me, but, it is nice to be able to place a person. It also give a little something extra, comfort, trust? I dunno. But, yes, you are correct. I'll talk to people, but if dont have even an Idea of what you look like, I'm not taking you seriously.
HisHunnyBun​(sub female){Taken}
3 years ago • Jun 17, 2020
With me its more an attraction to his soul/ personality.

I actually became attracted to his personality before I became attracted to his looks...

Its his eyes!!
Shows kindness with a bit of mystery...
😍😍😍

Plus those you find physically attractive might have an ugly soul/ personality...
HisHunnyBun​(sub female){Taken}
Lexxa wrote:
Human attraction is complex so the answer to this question is going to vary from person to person.

In my time here I've come across many profiles, from both sides of the slash, that are upfront about requiring visual/physical attraction in their relationships. Most of those profiles will list out attributes that they're seeking if they have specific requirements. Others just leave it general, but still stipulate that they must find their partner physically attractive. It's perfectly ok to make it clear on your profile that physical attraction is necessary and that you'll need to see a photo sooner rather than later. We're all human and we all have our own individual needs and requirements in order to feel fulfilled.

For me personally, attraction is entirely based on personality, mental connection and how someone conducts themselves. If I resonate well with someone's personality, and I find the way they interact with the world around them attractive, then I will typically find them physically attractive too regardless of how they look on the surface. My only physical preference when it comes to a potential partner's appearance is that they be taller than me.

Me too!!

Although me being 5'3"
Everyone is taller.... 😅
LookinforDaddy​(sub female)
I’m highly visual. While certain characteristics about a man are what hold most importance, I’ve only ever found myself physically attracted to thin to medium build men (of varying ages, races, heights). Even though I’m heavier and find myself unattractive lol. So, I at least like to know age, height, build, hair/eye color from the get go. And always offer that of myself, even though, for privacy reasons, I don’t post pics of myself on fetish sites.
alawey​(sub female){(OWNED BY }
Looks fade not the haveing things that you like as far as looks at the time you first see some one is a bad thing. It might help. But for me I tend to want to get to know someone before I even think about getting into a relationship with no matter if it was a ki k or non kink one. For me when I first tally saw and meet my Wolf he was already the sexiest man alive. I fell in love with the man he was on the inside. The outside was just icing on the cake. Seeing he has wat I normal would go for.
AriesGaffa​(dom male){Dom}
AriesGaffa​(dom male){Dom} • Jun 17, 2020
Agreed i always would post a pic of me .I wouldnt expect anything less from a future sub so why hide . Unless you have something to hide in a lot of cases.
tallslenderguy​(other male)
It's sad, but fear is a common reason for not posting pictures.

The fear of those pics being abused by someone unscrupulous has some basis in reason. Social rejection for being outed as a kinkster? i came from a conservative religious background/culture where i came out as "gay" and experienced cultural rejection, and lost literally everything as a result of that exposure. But the result is, i lost a lot of fear and i care a lot less now about who knows about me and who doesn't, kinks and all. Pics are not a fear factor for me.

Another fear is of rejection, which is really not all that rational. Showing no pics or inaccurate pics because one wants to come off as 'more attractive,' is irrational if one is looking for more than an online tryst. If you're never gonna meet in person, then what does it matter? The real issue, to my way of thinking, is the deception. Connection becomes an illusion when it has a false basis.

i know this is not for everyone, and that there are risks, but i had a relationship with a Guy for about a year and a half (before having to move). We got together weekly and to this day, i have no idea what He looked like because i was always blind folded. i learned a lot from the relationship. i didn't seem Him from the start, so i had no visual memory of Him to influence my perception of Him. Made me wonder how blind people must experience attraction differently than sighted people.

Visual effects of how we perceive a person is a double edged sword. No doubt,, it can enhance attraction and desire, but it can also impede it. The attraction side can open us to someone who may not be that great of a match on other levels (emotional/psychological) or looks can close us to discovering/considering a person who might be a wonderful fit in other ways. Which is not to dismiss the visual, it's a factor, but i think it is worth it to question and explore the why's and weight we put on it.
Fornicus
3 years ago • Jun 20, 2020
Fornicus • Jun 20, 2020
I feel that there must be a mutual attraction. Sometimes it’s a physical attraction. Occasionally, there is an attraction to a personality that can overcome the lack of physical desire.

I understand the desire for autonomy, but I personally prefer to see some bit of photo in a profile. It shows the ability to trust, openly and honestly. Without pictures, you’re left to judge on the merit of personality only. The downside to that is when words say one thing but the physical appearance shows another. I take pride in self care and it shows. To call that shallow is unfair. It’s a physical manifestation from years of self control and self discipline.

I Dom in the same way to my sub that I do for myself. I care for all of her needs. I hold her to a realistic and obtainable standard. However, it requires a great deal of effort from her. Not everyone has that level of commitment.