Online now
Online now

Sleep

House Talion​(dom male)
3 years ago • Jul 4, 2020

Sleep

House Talion​(dom male) • Jul 4, 2020
As we pray for those of us who are unable to live on unemployment, I'd question all others of what you've done on your daily basis that gives you the right to a good nights sleep.
Tessallia​(sub male)
Tessallia​(sub male) • Jul 4, 2020
Who could do anything usual if they didn't sleep properly. Not sleeping doesn't help any one. Aside from that everyone has their own shit to worry about. We don't need justifications for maintenance of health
tallslenderguy​(other male)
i don't understand the question, would you explain a bit more of where you are coming from?

As for me, i'm a critical care nurse and spent my week working on the Covid unit. Ironically, from the way you seem to put the question, i often don't sleep very well when working. The people i take care of are very sick and have complex issues, so it's common for me to fall asleep exhausted, but wake up in the middle of the night because my brain is still taking care of them. Funny how the brain does that, i often have some of my better insights in the middle of the night. But still, it wakes me up and i typically do not get a full nights sleep when i am working.

Even once i am off, it often takes a few days to unwind, or i can still be carrying stuff that i just have not been able to resolve mentally/emotionally.

Last edited by * on Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total
    The most loved post in topic
LaVieEnRose​(sub female){Learning }
I concur with tallslenderguy, where is this question coming from? I work in a field that is essential so I’ve been working through all of this so while I am sorry there are those who have lost their jobs, it’s a bit of jab at all of us who have put ourselves at risk and had to continue working through everything.
Comic Gurl​(sub male)
Comic Gurl​(sub male) • Jul 4, 2020
Question makes no sense... I work pretty hard, I even done work beyond what I was suppose to when my job was closed, so close to closing for good, and I sold hings online to help... This question seems o come from a privilege person that has no idea how reality works.

Besides I barely get sleep anyway, 4-5 hours.
Tessallia​(sub male)
Tessallia​(sub male) • Jul 4, 2020
hey if you can manage it sleeping is really good for you, especially long term mental health. I struggle a lot with getting to sleep because of my medicine. Also good sleep habits can improve productivity.
SirsBabyDoll​(sub female){Pizza+☕}
I have a feeling that HT is venting. The phrase "right to a good night's sleep" is NOT talking about actual sleep, per say. It is talking about one person feeling so unstressed and unaffected by situations that they sleep peacefully at night, u bothered.

HT, I'm sorry if you are feeling the stress and strain of being forced to work because you cannot get enough from UE (unemployment) to stay home and stay Corvid free.

As you can see, there are many here who are Heros, working directly with those patients. Your "uneasiness" is shared by others.
Miki
3 years ago • Jul 6, 2020

Re: Sleep

Miki • Jul 6, 2020
House Talion wrote:
As we pray for those of us who are unable to live on unemployment, I'd question all others of what you've done on your daily basis that gives you the right to a good nights sleep.

Because not having the "right" to a good night's sleep isn't going to find the unemployed a job.

Obviously a post by a frustrated person trying to lay guilt trips.

Question for You, how do you feel sitting at your keyboard with the time and the health to type such drivel while people are lying in hospital beds dying of COVID, among other things?

You think by not sitting and venting you'll cure them?

Life sucks and I'm sorry but feeling guilty about how the chips fall won't fix a damned thing.
Sasa​(dom female)
Sasa​(dom female) • Jul 6, 2020
First I improved my superpower (procrastination) and lost myself in research. I'm damn good at it, unfortunately. I had to asked for support and ended the stupid cycle. Extrinsic instead of intrinsic motivation, but hell, it worked icon_biggrin.gif
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • Jul 6, 2020
The question was to ask what everyone does daily to 'deserve a good nights sleep'. Myself for instance- even though it's mostly gaming I've found quite a few places that could use home improvement designer shelving. So I've been quite busy with my tools and making the occasional walking stick