Online now
Online now

Dominant or Master...

SirYesSir​(dom male)
3 years ago • Jul 5, 2020
SirYesSir​(dom male) • Jul 5, 2020
The only person you answer to in the end is yourself … Follow rules or make your own. IMHO, As long as we stay within SSC, there is no "wrong" way...
Sir Don​(dom male)
3 years ago • Jul 5, 2020
Sir Don​(dom male) • Jul 5, 2020
Master vs Dominant

A master is wanting TPE he wants TPC
A masters set of rules are unique
A Masters contract is very intense . I.e. a slave must ask permission to enter the room or dress a certain way while he is at work everything is spelled out for the slave.
A dominant works on teaching the submissive on how to submit . The dominant works to become a Master.
I think the term Master is at the top of the list and a Dominant is striving to be the best for his submissive..it is the responsibility of both to ensure that the slave/submissive is taken care of and is safe.
DrWakko
3 years ago • Jul 6, 2020
DrWakko • Jul 6, 2020
In the Leather world Master is an earned title. The local BDSM community gifts someone a leather cap referred to as the Masters cap. This is the last gifted leather one receives. It usually starts with boots, goes to a vest, then shirt and pants (all leather). Each gift there is a ceremony where someone receives their leather.

I also view the Master title like a of those in the trades. No one starts off as a Master, you work your way up to it and you earn it. If you never been to a kink class, never been to a play party.... you can't call yourself a Master. You need to master something to be a Master.
DominusJ​(dom male)
DominusJ​(dom male) • Jul 6, 2020
It's a great question and what does it truly mean for you in a relationship or connection.

Many have said it's based in TPE or TPC. Some also say it's based on rules and the depth of such. I also know it's about the types of things a slave or submissive is expected to do, say or tasks to complete. What might be expected of them and to what depth are they're expected in pleasing and treating their Dom/Master?

Does a Master treat or take care of their partner/possession/property differently then a Dominant? Do rules have to be different? Does a sub/slave's protocol have to be different? Does a Dom's creativity differ then that of a Master's? I know, lots of questions.

The answer is yes.. and it's also no. I know that doesn't make for clarification but follow me here....

The absolute beauty of this type of connection and relationship is that the dynamics are not based from a "end all, be all" rule book.
For some that feel they're in a D/s dynamic, rules are more in depth, more strict and creativity can be out of this world. But, it's exactly the same with a M/s dynamic. For some, they are all of the above and don't have any labels or titles at all.

Picture this... a vanilla couple married for 50 years have quite a limited creativity. But, every year on their anniversary they bring out the toys, leather and lube. They rock the house on that day and for them, He's her Master and she's his slave. That works for them, so is there anything that says they're NOT M/s? No. That's their connection and beauty.

On the other side of the spectrum, a couple that's a super kinky and creative couple where one likes to wield a whip and lock their partner up in a cage in the basement every so often. Make sure a ball gag and butt plug is used and can only speak to ask permissions. Does that make them a M/s or D/s dynamic? No. Not if they don't wish or feel the need for a title. It just works for them.

Here's the really cool thing about where are ALL ARE... How you are defined is not that "if you do this then are are this". Or, "if you follow this rule then are that". Or, "if I implement this punishment and I am this". It's ideally about the connection you have with your partner. Earn the respect you look for, stand true to your convictions, trust your wishes and wants and be smart about it. If your dynamic is consentually agreeable, then you and your partner are exactly where you want to be. If you want a M/s, D/s, T/b, DD/lg then live it and love it.. that's why it works.
MidlifeMan​(dom male)
MidlifeMan​(dom male) • Jul 6, 2020
There are a number of good posts on here, I personally agree and disagree with some
A master tradesman is at the top of their game, a Master in our world is different, it is in some ways a title, if bestowed by others it shows you are at the top of your game, if just picked by you, shows your preference for TPE
I also agree a Master has to be a Dom but not vice a versa,
a Dom is a mindset, a master as stated before is the preference of that mindset.
DrWakko
DrWakko • Jul 6, 2020
A Dom can be into TPE. I believe a Master comes with experience. That’s why you find most Master slave title holders are in their late 50s and older. If you look at Leather title holders the age varies.
DangerouslySafe​(sadist male)
3 years ago • Jul 7, 2020
Bunnie wrote:

... and of course, there are always those who like to believe they’re the exception....

hahaha....brilliantly stated Bunnie I can't imagine a Dom believing they are the exception. What with how conforming we tend to be... personally I fit exactly as stated if you only changed a few things.