Online now
Online now

Fetishes VS Kinks

xxxalexxx​(sub female)
3 years ago • Jul 8, 2020

Fetishes VS Kinks

xxxalexxx​(sub female) • Jul 8, 2020
I was curious on what people thought were the differences between fetishes and kinks and the example people would give to each, feel free to spread one light and knowledge on this topic!
So please do share, if your comfy, what,for yourself, are your fetishes and kinks and how they differ. icon_smile.gif

Last edited by * on Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total
House Talion​(dom male)
3 years ago • Jul 8, 2020
House Talion​(dom male) • Jul 8, 2020
It's simple to understand by the way you phrase it.

"That was kinky" -shows something you like

"That's a/my fetish" -shows something that's a part of you.
Zedland​(dom male)
3 years ago • Jul 9, 2020
Zedland​(dom male) • Jul 9, 2020
To me it has always been semantic. Perhaps fetish was a bit more formal than kink, but I use them interchangeably.

Looking forward to hearing others' opinions though.
xxxalexxx​(sub female)
xxxalexxx​(sub female) • Jul 9, 2020
I agree, I have always basically used them as the same thing, but more commonly just saying kink. so it got me thinking on what people considered was the difference
TheDankLord​(switch male)
TheDankLord​(switch male) • Jul 9, 2020
I've always thought of kink as being more general and fetish being more specific. Kink is just anything outside of "conventional" sexuality whereas fetish generally refers to a particular interest a person has in a certain activity or narrowly defined set of activities. So for example BDSM in general would be considered a kink, but someone who is turned on by spanking in particular has a spanking fetish.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
A fetish is something needed to feel whole or complete, when talking about being sexually sated. A fetish isn't forgettable, its doesn't turn off or go away. My fetish is needed for my arousal and sexual desire, without out I don't function sexually. A kink is something that makes me feel good and can be taken or left. its a welcomed addition but not needed. My kinks are abundant (most things BDSM), yet my fetish (S/m) is larger. I am a sadist (took me years to admit that)
    The most loved post in topic
phonybologna​(sub female){Collared}
To me fetishes are more intense than kinks. It’s hard to get off without a fetish, in some cases impossible. However I view a kink as something that someone enjoys but is not necessary. That’s just my opinion, others may feel differently and it’s all valid!