Online now
Online now

Books

A Nony Mouse
3 years ago • Aug 27, 2020

Books

A Nony Mouse • Aug 27, 2020
I've heard others talk about how books can help noobs like me learn and understand more about kinks, bdsm, and the lifestyle. So my question is what do you guys read or recommend? Please explain why you chose it and what you like about it. Thanks!
DrWakko
DrWakko • Aug 27, 2020
https://thecage.co/blog/userblog.php?postid=159&blog_id=83

That is my book list. Each author has been vetted by the BDSM community. Each person on that list is or was presenting at events and major cons.

Can’t hurt to educate yourself. I suggest only reading books by those who are active presenters in the community. Anyone can publish a book. It also doesn’t hurt to fact check what you read.
    The most loved post in topic
A Nony Mouse
A Nony Mouse • Aug 27, 2020
Thanks DrWakko! That is exactly what I was hoping for
MrFulmen
MrFulmen • Aug 27, 2020
There's enough out there that it'd be useful to narrow down what it is you're looking for.

For broad overviews of kinky-like stuff, the New Topping Book and New Bottoming Book, by Easton & Hardy, are hard to beat. Dossie and Janet both have deep expertise in kink, and a wonderfully warm and clear style of writing. But there are also more specialized books for rope, books for whipping, books for hypnosis, and books on all kinds of different flavors of power exchange. So what's your pleasure?
A Nony Mouse
3 years ago • Aug 28, 2020
A Nony Mouse • Aug 28, 2020
don't worry Hank, I'm not a 50 shades fan. Couldn't even finish the first book because I was so distracted by how terrible her writing is.
A Nony Mouse
A Nony Mouse • Aug 28, 2020
ConsensualDominance wrote:
There's enough out there that it'd be useful to narrow down what it is you're looking for.

For broad overviews of kinky-like stuff, the New Topping Book and New Bottoming Book, by Easton & Hardy, are hard to beat. Dossie and Janet both have deep expertise in kink, and a wonderfully warm and clear style of writing. But there are also more specialized books for rope, books for whipping, books for hypnosis, and books on all kinds of different flavors of power exchange. So what's your pleasure?

Still working that out, as wierd as it is to say. But "knowledge is power".
hopefulbabygirl​(sub female)

Re: Books

A Nony Mouse wrote:
I've heard others talk about how books can help noobs like me learn and understand more about kinks, bdsm, and the lifestyle. So my question is what do you guys read or recommend? Please explain why you chose it and what you like about it. Thanks!

What an awesome thread!! I’m totally going to stalk this thread so I can also find books to educate myself with!
emeX​(sub male)
3 years ago • Sep 1, 2020
emeX​(sub male) • Sep 1, 2020
i'm currently reading Finding Love Through Female Domination by Renee Lane. i'll post some thoughts on it when i'm done.
shesosweet​(sub female)
3 years ago • Sep 1, 2020
shesosweet​(sub female) • Sep 1, 2020
"Polarity" is a title that was recommended to me by an experienced D/s couple. Maybe on one of the lists already but just to add!