Online now
Online now

Which traits make a Dominant or submissive attractive?

LordofPain56
3 years ago • Sep 9, 2020
LordofPain56 • Sep 9, 2020
Ha ! After reading this, I went back to an old profile I had saved but no longer exists anywhere on the internet, and looked at the personal characteristics section, where I was able to pinpoint about 98% of the traits listed in my profile that matches with what people say they want in this post.
And it makes me wonder why I have been such a failure at keeping anybody long term.
But then, oh wait, it wasn't because of anything I lacked. Turns out they never intended to stick around anyway, just get what they wanted for now and then off to greener pastures.
Somethin about short term partners just never set well with me. Guess I was just a hopeless long-termer.
Still seems funny that all those characteristics that everybody seems to want didn't do me much good.
Defender​(dom male)
Defender​(dom male) • Sep 9, 2020
I try to live by the principles espoused in the poem entitled "If" by Rudyard Kipling.

If you haven't read it, it might be worth a google.
DesertLizard​(sub female)
DesertLizard​(sub female) • Sep 9, 2020
what tohruhonda said resonates a lot with me ^^

"For me personally, a VERY attractive quality in a dom is quiet. Not silence, but the “I’m going to just enjoy watching this temper tantrum play out” kind of quiet."

Also patience, firmness, assertiveness, decisiveness, generosity, self-control, confidence. To elaborate more on the "quiet" thing. It massively attracts me when a guy just sort of looks at me quietly with amusement while I'm telling a story or rant about something or the like. I am a sucker for a "knowing smile".
Miki
Miki • Sep 9, 2020
Though I list as a Maso-Girl, in a dom I would want someone in charge, whom I can serve, and who would equally dominate me yet respect me in the morning, as the cliche goes.

As with all human dynamics, there is no cut-and-dried "rule book".

As they say on those myriad late night commercials (the fine print, Folks!)

"Your Results May Vary".

Best solution? Communication.
emeX​(sub male)
3 years ago • Sep 10, 2020
emeX​(sub male) • Sep 10, 2020
Some traits that attract me to a particular Domme...

-Female Supremacist. To Her all men should be enslaved to Women.

-Confidence based on experience-based knowledge.

-Demanding, hard to please.

-Perversion (human behavior that deviates from that which is understood to be orthodox or normal. Although the term perversion can refer to a variety of forms of deviation, it is most often used to describe sexual behaviors that are considered particularly abnormal, repulsive or obsessive.) Source Wiki.

-Vulgarizer (a person who lowers the quality, character, or value. Debaser, degrader).

-Strict (of a rule or discipline) demanding total obedience or observance; rigidly enforced.

-Dark-side traits (argumentative, narcissism, perfectionism, etc). Bonus if She's into Goth icon_smile.gif

-Manipulative, Controlling.