Online now
Online now

Anyone else scared of horror movies?

Rinweramu​(sub female)
3 years ago • Sep 6, 2020

Anyone else scared of horror movies?

Rinweramu​(sub female) • Sep 6, 2020
I know this doesnt have anything to do with bdsm but I just thought it'd be a fun discussion. icon_smile.gif

I was watching hereditary two days ago and at first I didnt think it was scary at all until the last 20 minutes. SPOILER:
I kept having nightmares of that part where the mom was possed crawling on the ceiling and banging her head on the attic and then sawed off her head!

Does anyone else love horror movies but cant watch it because of how scared they get afterwards?
    The most loved post in topic
Taramafor​(sub male)
Taramafor​(sub male) • Sep 6, 2020
Nevermind the movies, Horror games is where it's at.

The first F.E.A.R game is especially scary (NOT 2 and 3. The FIRST one). I highly recommend playing them. The combat is also very fun. Thing is it's all scripted and an illusion. It shows scary and it does it extremely well, but the same things always happen. Without actually being a threat. Except to throw you off between fights.

A horror game where the enemy is actually a threat beyond just chasing you can be good. Five nights ar freedy's is liked because the, while it's cheap jumpscares if you lose (or even not lose, depending), the animatronics are actually a danger. Resident evil 3, one of the older less "over the top action packed" RE games, has nemesis. There's just something terrifying about a relentless enemy that never stops coming for you, even if you take them down. The remake loses a lot of the scary vibe. They get back up and can kill you and you HAVE to run. But you can also choose to fight. And go where you like. Go around, slip past, etc. It's that choice and variation that makes a game scary. Having those options that can lead to messing up or surviving. Little things like the "sad" music also goes a long way. Something the later RE games don't bother to do. But little touches like that add a lot.

Also, I legit slept with the lamp on for a week after playing F.E.A.R. It makes the ring movie look tame.

Last edited by * on Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total
Aquarius Dom​(dom male)
Aquarius Dom​(dom male) • Sep 6, 2020
I used to love the good old fashioned horror movies but these modern ones that mess with your head with gore-fests thrown in do nothing for me at all !!
Sasa​(dom female)
Sasa​(dom female) • Sep 6, 2020
Nothing for me. I haven't seen one in decades. Something deep inside of us doesn't know the difference between reality and a movie, so it's all real. My imagination hasn't to be trained and I like my good sleep a little too much 😉
DeathRyder​(dom male)
DeathRyder​(dom male) • Sep 6, 2020
I live for horror movies, especially some of the ones on the weird side. Watched this one a vampire movie where the vampire was a gunslinger in the old west.
ursa​(sub female)
ursa​(sub female) • Sep 6, 2020
We were talking about this in chat the other night!

I looove horror movies. Always looking for something scary.
I also like horror video and board games, and books. Lots of fun!
LittleMissM​(sub female){NotLooking}
I can't watch them, they play on my mind too much and i'd have nightmares 😕

I love action movies, thrillers/who done it's and comedy horrors (Scream, Final Destination etc) but films like The Hills Have Eyes, IT, Chucky.....nope, nada, not for me, i'm out of the room. I think the last thing I watched that was scary was The Ring, but i'm not sure if most would even count that as a horror.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Sep 6, 2020
Lol! I was just having this discussion with my sister literally yesterday. I used to absolutely love horror movies... the scarier the better. Growing up in the 80’s, horror movies were in our blood. I saw my first x-rated horror movie before I even started high school... and actually that one did scare me enough to stay with me.

Nowadays though, I even look at the picture advertising it, and I can’t do it. I think to myself “yeah I’m gonna watch one tonight,” and then when the time comes I’m like “umm it’s too dark outside now.” 🙄

We came to the conclusion that it’s because we feel everything so much deeper now, having in the past been so numb... so it’s not just feeling scared watching those movies, it’s a terror that seeps into my bones, and it feels horrible. I just can’t subject myself to feeling that way anymore. It’s no longer a thrill.

It’s the same with theme park rides... I used to absolutely love them... the more thrilling the better... now I think I’m more of a merry-go-round girl lol.
BigBubbles
BigBubbles • Sep 6, 2020
I'm such a big baby, they give me horrible nightmares. Like yelling and crying in my sleep. I hate the dark so I still sleep with a light. Lol I love the jump scares though. But I just cant watch them anymore. If I had someone to watch with I could. I'll try to watch them during daylight hours. But usually have to fast forward through the suspenseful scenes. I'm more of a Hocus Pocus, Halloween Town type of girl now. 😂🎃