Online now
Online now

Anyone else scared of horror movies?

LaVieEnRose​(sub female){Learning }
3 years ago • Sep 6, 2020
I LOVE horror films! I literally get so giddy when I see a new one is coming out. I mean are most of them scary? Nope not even close but I just love the darkness of it lol (Wednesday Addams is totally my spirit animal).
TheLittlePrincess​(sub female){SSG}
I LOVE horror movies! BUT I am not easily impressed with them. I get bored easily if all it is is jump scares and gore. For a movie to be scary to me, it has to have a strong storyline. If the story isn't there then the visuals mean nothing to me. Sure a movie could have some ridiculously gross gore and things but if the story didn't catch my attention then all that's been accomplished is I got grossed out.
I love movies that most of my friends get bored with. But it is because the story had something that got me. Not if they jumped out and spooked me. It needs to have something that has a lasting mental effect on me. For example, Sorry Wrong Number is a favorite black and white movie of mine. It's more solving the mystery than anything and it builds on itself. Bits of story are weaved in from so many angles that it doesn't make sense but as the movie goes along it leads to one point. The movie isn't a "horror" movie really but that last line after everything else chills me. That's just an example for my love of story anyways.

Some of my top favorite horror movies are (putting aside my beloved black and white monster movies for a moment) Orphan, The Babadook, The Boy, The Bride of Chucky. But chucky is more fun than scary. Also, if you want just a mind fuck of a movie then I suggest Demon Seed. The story carries it and it circulated around in my brain for a good long time. Not necessarily scary but plenty good. I can't think of any others off the top of my head but will add any I think of.

There is a game called The Forest that I watched on YouTube and the story for that does equally mess with my brain. It's all twisted and fucked up. I love it! If it can mess up my brain and circulate around then I love it.

Also, sidenote, mommy thinks it's kinda weird but when I'm upset, if I'm not feeling little, then my comfort movies are scary movies. I get upset and I just want to watch Alien or Orphan.
Draiocht​(dom male)
Draiocht​(dom male) • Sep 6, 2020
BigBubbles wrote:
I'm more of a Hocus Pocus, Halloween Town type of girl now.

Hocus Pocus is a classic! And I watched all of the Halloweentown movies with my niece when she was little. I am probably guilty of instilling her love of Halloween, lol. What great memories.

You might also like "Casper" (the live action one with Christina Ricci) and the "Addams Family" movies. So glad it is this time of year again!
larkspur​(sub female)
larkspur​(sub female) • Sep 6, 2020
I love the 80's/90's classics, where it's more about the anticipation than the gore or pop-out scare. The original Halloween from 1978 is a favorite. I introduced a friend to the original IT earlier this week because she read the book and wanted to see the movie. It actually made me feel nostalgic. So many great halloween memories...

I dislike the more recent torture-based horror movies. I'm not squeamish, but I forget it's fake and feel for the characters too much.

The Cabin in the Woods office pool memes are killing me right now. Who had "narrowly missed apocalypse" for 2020? etc.
hopefulbabygirl​(sub female)
I love scary movies!! I totally freak myself out though and usually have to sleep with my closet light on and my feet have to be completely covered so the monsters can’t get to me lol
SpadeIves
3 years ago • Sep 7, 2020
SpadeIves • Sep 7, 2020
No, because I know that its only a movie.
larkspur​(sub female)
3 years ago • Sep 7, 2020
larkspur​(sub female) • Sep 7, 2020
Mark nw london uk​ have you seen Fido? It's a great but lesser known comedy zombie movie.