Online now
Online now

Necroposting

Knightsundere​(sub male)
3 years ago • Sep 17, 2020

Necroposting

Knightsundere​(sub male) • Sep 17, 2020
Kinda curious whether this is something people enjoy or not. All of the forums I've ever used have a rule against necroposting - responding to a thread made more than a couple weeks ago. Main downside to it is it tends to keep the front page of the site feeling rather "samey" with the same discussion being rehashed over and over again. There's technically nothing bad about letting people share their thoughts on a commonplace topic, but personally I think it's kinda dull to see stuff reiterated once a week. Thoughts?
Villanelle​(staff)
3 years ago • Sep 17, 2020
Villanelle​(staff) • Sep 17, 2020
I love having old discussions reignited. It's great to revisit topics, hear how lives have changed, etc. I get that some people may have moved on but so many of these topics remain relevant and worth a revisit.

Perhaps you haven't noticed but we do have a search bar for the forums (click the magnifying glass!). Sometimes a topic is posted multiple times because a \search has not been performed. I'd much rather have a topic unearthed than a number of different versions of it.
    The most loved post in topic
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
3 years ago • Sep 18, 2020
I think posted today or years ago, sometimes the "advice or information" contained withing the thread is still as relevant today as it was yesterday, even if the OP has moved on. Being online since the old BBs, the same questions are still being asked over the same set topics.

Things such as safety or a how to topic, don't overly change and if they have the good thing about people revisiting posts is the information can get updated and corrected. Left closed after a set period, the information contained would left un-updated. Un-updated how many get incomplete or out of date things such as safety or community standards.
Knightsundere​(sub male)
3 years ago • Sep 18, 2020
Knightsundere​(sub male) • Sep 18, 2020
Great points made. A lot of them refer to the threads being used as a resource for information though, which seems like it could be something made more easily accessible with some kind of stickied thread(s) that can provide easy, dynamic reference without having to go hunting for a particular topic. I realize this won't be an issue for everyone and it's entirely my own tastes, but to me it feels like this forum has a tough time deciding between whether it's a Q&A resource board or a BDSM-founded community group. Not to say it can't be both, or that it's bad!

I could also be biased to be feeling this way because I don't use the blogs or chatroom sections much. Most of the threads here revolve around understanding experiences that have been had and developing relationships, and there just seem to be very few places to hop in if you're new to things, partnerless, or want to talk about more than just conceptuals. Like I said, I'm probably just biased because I don't frequent the blogs, but hopefully the discussion isn't unwanted.