Online now
Online now

A Question of the Ages

Bunnie
6 years ago • Sep 13, 2017

A Question of the Ages

Bunnie • Sep 13, 2017
Out of curiosity, who remembers to update their age when they have a birthday? It occurred to me today as I looked at a picture of someone and then saw their listed age, that apart from the people that obviously just lie outright about their age, there may be some people who were a certain age when they first did their profile and it just hasn't occurred to them to change their age. I haven't had a birthday as of yet but I realised that I wouldn't have thought to do it. Am I alone on this? Is age a touchy subject? What about the people that lie about their age, why do you think they do that? I'm not looking for nasty comments here, I'm interested in thought out answers as to something that I'm curious about.
Rod​(dom male)
6 years ago • Sep 14, 2017
Rod​(dom male) • Sep 14, 2017
Its a good point, I do try to make sure on sites where age is not updated automatically that I edit it.
I have never quite got the whole lying about age bit, I mean if you meet in person its gonna be pretty obvious especially if you've exaggerated a lot. And even online with pics its going to come out at which point you're found out as a lier and most likely dropped because of it.
In general I can usually tell pretty quickly even in email and chat how old someone is by their grammar, each generation has its own style and that often shows up in their chat.
Jesalew
Jesalew • Sep 14, 2017
I've thought about the age thing also and in the case of lying maybe they are trying to attract a certain age group thinking that be close would help. Another could be that they are simply putting the age they feel instead of the age they are.? Age is just a number it has nothing to do with attraction, personality, sexuality, or anything that really matters. I don't get why one would lie about it. I mean my husband is 15 years older than me and trust me he doesn't act it lol
    The most loved post in topic
FabSeverus​(dom male)
FabSeverus​(dom male) • Sep 14, 2017
maybe age is important for some, most of the time the male.
But if for you it is, try a diffrent approach. Start a conversation wiht someone you think you might be attarcted to by his profile. See how far you get into the connection, 3 months down and some very good connections,will you be still interested or put off by his/her age??
Bella duPuy​(sub female){Not lookin}
6 years ago • Sep 27, 2017
Great post, Bunnie!

i vacillated on whether to give my chronological age or to leave it blank, as i've never felt my "age" ... i've always felt somewhere in my my 20s - 30s ...

i decided, clearly, to include it - well, because Truth matters to me.

And whomever decides to keep it movin ... it is well icon_smile.gif

Again, great post, Bunnie darlin!! xoxox
DrWakko
6 years ago • Sep 27, 2017

Re: A Question of the Ages

DrWakko • Sep 27, 2017
Bunnie wrote:
I haven't had a birthday as of yet

I'm waiting for this story. Great language skills for an infant. icon_biggrin.gif
T slave​(sub female){Owned}
6 years ago • Sep 28, 2017
It is hard to admit age for a woman who is older because as HisAlone says, who really feels their age.
That being said I am proud of my life's accomplishments and I am what I am and have earned the right to be proud of who I am.

If someone does not like me because they think I am old then that is their problem not mine.
Also there are many here and in life that don't look at the age but look at the heart!
Those who can not embrace their age can not truly embrace their life to its fullest!
K y i v
6 years ago • Sep 28, 2017
K y i v • Sep 28, 2017
The same could be said for location.. it is rare to see one listed outside of a country, when in reality it is most important for a real offline relationship.
Cage Monkey​(staff)
6 years ago • Sep 29, 2017
Cage Monkey​(staff) • Sep 29, 2017
Technically speaking - we ask for birth date, and we deduct the age from the birth date, so no need to update it every year icon_smile.gif

Honesty about age remains a completely different matter of course.
Bunnie
6 years ago • Sep 29, 2017
Bunnie • Sep 29, 2017
So something just occurred to me that I hadn’t thought of. It could also be for privacy protection reasons.