Online now
Online now

BDSM without the DSM - thoughts?

The Thinker​(sadist male){NotLooking}
3 years ago • Sep 28, 2020

BDSM without the DSM - thoughts?

A chat room discussion last night prompted my thinking on this topic. Someone presented the position that a good sub or slave would never be in a position where they need punishment, as long as the Dom/Master has taken the time to train them.

Interesting position.

So I played that out in mind mind. In an ideal scenario, it is quite possible that a slave/sub never needs any discipline at all. Going by the traditional kinks - BDSM - that takes DSM out. Would that be a satisfying relationship for you?

I am a Sadist, and I know that it would not be. Thoughts, please?

Last edited by * on Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total
House Talion​(dom male)
3 years ago • Sep 28, 2020
House Talion​(dom male) • Sep 28, 2020
By today's standards the initials may be different, but I'll always see them as Bondage Dominating Sadists and Masochists. Either way, as I e always said, you take what you want from the lifestyle and make it your own.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
3 years ago • Sep 29, 2020
I'm a sadist. there is no missing letters and to me, they all mean the traditional meanings "Bondage, Discipline, Sadism, Masochism" the Dominance and Submission is a result of the actions(verbs) of BDSM...and what seek as relationship style.

if your Sadist, chances are you with a maso...so in my world that would mean "funishments" that's where you use pain as pleasure and not for correction or punishments. you can't correct a maso with pain anyway, so takes care of that .... But even then you'd set the scene with tasks that cannot be completed to the state of perfection. Its the lack of perfection you then "funish"

playing devils advocate : No ones ever perfect icon_wink.gif or perfect enough to not need correction or punishment (both are different to me, correction is for betterment, punishment if for wrong doing/infraction of rules/procols etc) If a sub was perfect for the Dominant in EVERY WAY, then why play at all?...where then would be the power exchange? If you think like that, then why would a submissive want to be perfect . I'll sneak off now LOL
    The most loved post in topic
lil broken doll​(sub female)
@Miss Bonnie it is refreshing to hear that obvious, but seemingly forgotton (by many dominants!) assesment of what makes a masochist tick!! Of course masochism comes in many guises! It is not always physical pain but mental punishment too! 👍
Bunnie
Bunnie • Sep 29, 2020
Sounds like it was an interesting discussion. To me, that thought process kind of seems a little unrealistic and perhaps a bit romanticised. Can punishment be avoided? Of course... punishment is a choice. However, needing correction? I highly doubt it... making mistakes is not a choice. Everyone needs to learn. I’ve yet to meet a person who performs anything perfectly the first time they attempt it, or even in an ongoing capacity... regardless of how skilled their teacher is. And why is that so bad?
lil broken doll​(sub female)
This is exactly why i have a healthily streak of Brat about me! Never would i identify as a full Brat, but i find that a level of defiance every so often when in a dynamic with a daddy dom provides the ongoing excitement needed for both. Its a little different for me because I also have have a huge kink for CNC and rape play scenarios and for me I wouldn't just want it to be oh hello come and wait for me it has to be a fight it has to be more real so in that sense even though I'm submissive but because I'm consenting to play I still want it to be like forced but that's a completely different scenario I guess so I'm I have a double fetish life if you like I don't know if I've even phrase that properly so apologies if it sounds daft it just came out the way it did lol
chattel​(sub female)
chattel​(sub female) • Sep 29, 2020
The original statement can be taken different ways

If it is trying to convey that a slave should strive to please with out acting up or displeasing on purpose to deserve a punishment, I would agree

If it is saying a slave can act perfectly to please a Master without ever deserving a punishment or correction, that's not reasonable
KnottyBunny

Re: BDSM without the DSM - thoughts?

KnottyBunny • Sep 29, 2020
Going by the traditional kinks - BDSM - that takes DSM out. Would that be a satisfying relationship for you?

I am a Sadist, and I know that it would not be. Thoughts, please?[/quote]

Masochistic submissive here - My playtime is impact play, not my discipline. So it would not take out SM for me...