Online now

Halloween Horror Challenge

Bunnie
3 years ago • Oct 13, 2020
Bunnie • Oct 13, 2020
Oooh soooo many options for today β€œundead,undead.”

This is probably my favourite category... do I go vampires or zombies? Hmm πŸ€”

I’m thinking, zombies.

Considering I’ve recently watched all my usual faves (28 Days Later, World War Z, Zombieland)... it’s going to be a pick between two I just saw listed, depending on if I’m feeling romantic comedy, undead (Warm Bodies)... or scare my pants off, undead (30 Days of Night).

I think as much as I enjoyed Warm Bodies, 30 Days of Night wins icon_biggrin.gif
DaddiesPumpkin​(switch female){Not Lookin}
😱 Undead, Undead 😱

Tonight I will be enjoying some good old zombie movies, I just do not know where to start!

A few mentioned by Bunnie sounds right up my alley, I could go for Zombieland. Thanks for mentioning that one!

Mix it up some with some comedy, lol. πŸ€” think I'll do just that.

With that said,
My choice for tonight is Zombieland!!

Enjoy night 13 of Horror πŸŽƒπŸ‘»
Zerospace​(dom male){Amalthea}
@tallslenderguy - ParaNorman could technically fit into half of these categories. It is one of those great, broad-stroke horror send-ups that appeal to any fan. Nice choice. Make sure you use it strategically!

@Bunnie and @OnyxKore - The choice between horror and comedy in the Undead category is one that plagues me as well. But let's remember that zombies and vampires are not the only undead beings. You could count ghosts/spirits, witches, demons...anything that has to be resurrected. *Frank*ly (hahaha, you'll get that in a second), my go-to in this category is Cliver Barker's original Hellraiser. The resurrection scene is still unparalleled for practical effects.

But then again, I haven't seen 30 Days of Night in a while. I perked up when Bunnie mentioned that one...

I have a funny feeling I'll be making my choice 30 seconds before I pop it in the bluray player (which seems to be my idiom these days).

I just wish my copy of the Collector's Edition for American Werewolf in London was here. Oh, that would fit perfectly in this category!
ursa​(sub female)
3 years ago • Oct 14, 2020
ursa​(sub female) • Oct 14, 2020
Undead, Undead!
Was heavily considering Shaun of the Dead, but I think i'm going with The Evil Dead tonight.
So I was thinking about the theme, Undead Undead.
Naturally, I could not get the chorus of the song "Bela Lugosi's Dead" out of my head. Peter Murphy's voice haunts me regularly.
This led me to think about the movie "The Hunger" which features the song prominently.
Now I got a vampire movie (Undead) with a song about a dead actor (Undead) in which the chorus goes "Undead, undead."

So yeah, I chose Dawn of the Dead.

Just kidding! I am watching The Hunger right now! I love me some David Bowie!
DaddiesPumpkin​(switch female){Not Lookin}
Night 14: Shaky Cam πŸ‘»

Oookay, so for this one here I am literally stuck with one movie in mind... Blair Witch.

The whole movie basically is a trembling mess, lol.. But, I'm soo wore out on watching that😩 I may need to look around and see what other movies I can find that are available to me.

That or cross my fingers someone mentions a good one!! πŸ€žπŸ‘Ύ
3 years ago • Oct 15, 2020
Onyx Kore wrote:
Night 14: Shaky Cam πŸ‘»

Oookay, so for this one here I am literally stuck with one movie in mind... Blair Witch.

The whole movie basically is a trembling mess, lol.. But, I'm soo wore out on watching that😩 I may need to look around and see what other movies I can find that are available to me.

That or cross my fingers someone mentions a good one!! πŸ€žπŸ‘Ύ

So I spent the day thinking this over. Found footage films are...ubiquitous anymore. But you can also go with movies with shakey cam scenes:
The Evil Dead trilogy
Paranormal Activity series
Grave Encounters
Hell House LLC (I cannot bring this one up enough)
Rec
Creep (1 and 2) (the 1st is masterful , 2nd good too)

I may have just talked myself into watching Creep tonight. Been meaning to see that again.
Morley​(sub female){Max Sterne}
3 years ago • Oct 15, 2020
How have I missed this post? Probably being injured and in pain for 3 weeks... Well now that I am home for the next week, I have some fun catching up to do. But since today is the 14th - Shaky Camera, I will put on one of the Paranormal Activity movies..

What a great idea!!! Thank you!! ,πŸŽƒπŸŒΈπŸŽƒ