Online now
Online now

Halloween Horror Challenge

Zerospace​(dom male){Amalthea}
3 years ago • Oct 15, 2020
Karyn! Hi!
It is never too late to join in!

Personally, I did end up with Creep tonight but now I remember I should have said
BEHIND THE MASK: THE RISE OF LESLIE VERNON!

How did I forget this meta-slasher classic?

I have failed you all!
Bunnie
Bunnie • Oct 15, 2020
Lol Onxy, I instantly thought Blair Witch as well!

And β€œCarving Pumpkins”... for me that simply has to be Pumpkinhead.
DaddiesPumpkin​(switch female){Not Lookin}
Lol, Bunnie.. Like the entire film is shaky. I tried finding the others mentioned but I had no luck & time ran short so I went with Blair Witch as well.

πŸŽƒCarving Pumpkins nightπŸŽƒ
I have two in mind.. As Bunnie said, Pumpkin head is at the top of my list followed by Trick 'r Treat. Which I am leaning towards Trick 'r Treat since we are getting closer to that time πŸ‘»
You gals have mentioned two of the best Pumpkins movies!

Others to consider:
Halloween (1, 6(theatrical cut) & H20 most notably)
Nightmare Before Xmas
Return To Oz (this is scary in how bad it is!)
Goosebumps 2
Tales of Halloween
All Hallows Eve 2

I'm surprised you didn't find some of the other shaky cam movies. Netflix should have a few, at least. Never enough time for these things. Maybe we should be posting picks early, like Kore was doing initially.
Had completely forgotten about Halloween. It's themed around fall/pumpkinsπŸŽƒ and if I'm not mistaken, H2O is a Josh Harnet film as well. I may just try to fit a double feature in tonight icon_smile.gif considering such. Then again, Goosebumps is another favorite as well as for me, one that's kiddo friendly.

πŸ˜‚ decisions, decisions!!
ursa​(sub female)
3 years ago • Oct 16, 2020
ursa​(sub female) • Oct 16, 2020
I was tempted by Pumpkinhead for tonight, but I'm going with Halloween.

Halloween has always been my favourite of the slasher franchises, and although it has its hidden gems in the retellings and sequels, the 1978 original is too good to pass up adding to my October marathon. Jamie Lee Curtis is awesome. I was going to save it for the big finale, but tonight seems as good as any.
I also went with a Myers-mood. I opted for H20, since I always enjoy some Josh Hartnett (his first film!).

Tonight: 80s HORROR!

YES! THIS. IS. MY. JAAAAAAAM! I will not belabor the obvious by listing the possibilities here. There are too many to count. This was the golden age of modern horror. 'Nuff said.

I will encourage participants to choose something off-beat. If your streaming channels will allow for it, choose something completely bizarro. Sure, we can default to a Freddy or Jason movie, but what about Chopping Mall or Slumber Party Massacre? House or Ghoulies? A lot of these films are pure schlock, but they are hilarious to watch.
With a long night ahead of me, I have chosen two choice(s) for tonight's 80's Horror film line up 😱

Killer Klowns from Outer Space 1988

(πŸ˜‚ I think it falls well with thinking out of the box)

Gremlins 1984

(Just because Gizmo is so darn cute & cuddly 😍, in need of some cuteness!)