Online now
Online now

Halloween Horror Challenge

Zerospace​(dom male){Amalthea}
3 years ago • Oct 30, 2020
See! That is what this whole thing is about! People connecting, bonding over our mututal love of horror and it's related redneck heroes. Now we need to start a Tucker & Dale appreciation thread and the cycle is complete😁

Tonight's curse film comes from a vote from my dear Thea: WISHMASTER! This movie is a literal who's who of horror with cameos from beginning to end (even a surprise cameo from a main character in The Exorcist 😉🤫). I adore every cell of this movie, not just because it is a fun ride on its own, but because it is a singular love letter to the genre!

Next up....Were woof!

The peculiar wording of this theme suggests that it isn't just lycanthropic miscreants we are after here. The likes of Cujo, the zombie dogs of Resident Evil, Zowie of Pet Sematary 2, and so many more 4-legged friends deserve recognition here.

To be honest, I will probably watch my newly acquired bluray of American Werewolf in London (a brilliant classic) but I suggest a few others:

..Ginger Snaps (did it first, and better than Jennifer's Body)
..Howl (new B-film that totally delivers)
..Burton's Dark Shadows (has several foreshadows about one character)
..The Wolfman (C'mon! Chaney is soooo sympathetic in this)
..Any Howling movie (some we watch bc they are good, others we watch for the laughs; i like part 5 for the Agatha Christie twist)
..Pet Sematary 2 (campy fun, go in with a humorous intent, Clancy Brown is God)
..Monster Squad (or its brand new fan-service documentary "Wolfman's Got Nards")
..Bad Moon (a dog Vs a werewolf, making this the ultimate pick for the theme, helluva good flick too)

I don't wanna steal all the fun. You name yours!
DaddiesPumpkin​(switch female){Not Lookin}
For tonight, I will be going with my favorite "Werewolf" movie, being 'Bad Moon'. It's finally back streaming on my services!! 🐺😁

Can you believe tomorrow is Halloween?!! October, where'd you go so fast?!! lol
🎃👻🔮

~Enjoy!
Zerospace​(dom male){Amalthea}
American Werewolf in Paris always makes me chuckle. I don't both comparing it to the original. I think it is like comparing The French Connection and The Chinese Connection. Sure, they have similar names but that doesn't make them related! Ok, I know they are related but very distantly. Shut up. I'm with Aries Chris on this. It's a fun movie.

And I do not know how more people don't know about Bad Moon! Am I right, Kore? What a cool premise. Someday I'll read the original novel.

Karyn, just watch Monster Squad. That should cover virtually every category for the whole month and you can catch up in 90 minutes!
DaddiesPumpkin​(switch female){Not Lookin}
Totally, right! 🤫 I will give no spoilers!!
I wish I had thought about this here for "hexes & curses" considering it is a curse he goes through... But, I think it'll fit perfectly for today!👌

Now, that is a book I would get lost in!! I wonder if it's available on Amazon🤔

✨🎃✨