Online now
Online now

Halloween Horror Challenge

Zerospace​(dom male){Amalthea}
3 years ago • Oct 31, 2020
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!

We did it folks. 31 days of non-stop horror flicks and tv specials.

I thank each and every one of you who participated, even if you only popped in now and then (life...know what i mean?). Given the lack of Halloween parties this year, this was my party and you made it great!

I promised myself I wouldn't cry...😭

Ok. So last night's Were Woof flick for us was "American Werewolf In London". It amazes me every time. I love finding the jokes and the little easter eggs that Landis scatters throughout the movie. If you are into that sort of thing, I suggest reading the plethora of articles about this movie and then watch it again and see how much you catch the next time.

Tonight: All Hallows Eve!

I have no idea what I'll watch but there are a million movies to choose from (and that's just on my shelves!).

Whatever you choose, enjoy it!
ursa​(sub female)
3 years ago • Oct 31, 2020
ursa​(sub female) • Oct 31, 2020
Thanks for all the great recommendations and comments, everyone! This has been really fun.

Dunno how on theme these choices are, but I think tonight is just for us to get in some last minute favourites or try some new scares.
Doing Rocky Horror tonight (don't mess with a good tradition), probably They Live, and almost certainly more Michael Myers adventures.

Hope everyone has a happy Hallowe'en!
Morley​(sub female){Max Sterne}
3 years ago • Nov 1, 2020
This has been so much fun and something I adore - Horror films.

Thank you Zero for starting this and to everyone else for participating. I learned of some new movies and enjoyed this tremendously - can we do a 365 day one?

Thanks again and Happy Halloween again 🎃🧟🎃🧟🎃🧟🎃
Zerospace​(dom male){Amalthea}
Ok folks. We can't finish this without discussing how we slid into home plate!

Sadly, I phoned it in on the last day (which I excuse bc I watched a lot of extracurricular Michael Myers movies this year). We had another family over and, by the time they left, it was midnight. So I had just enough energy left for the Halloween special episode of Key & Peele. It counts! Or so I tell myself.

ðŸĪŠ
DaddiesPumpkin​(switch female){Not Lookin}
I finished off this awesome challenge by watching a few episodes of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" Sitcom from the 90's. I planned to watch something with alot of gore & vengeance.. But, sometimes family time means sacrifices ♡ haha!!

Overall, it was a great Halloween & I am soo ready for the next! 🎃ðŸ”Ū (without covid, hopefully) ðŸ‘ŧ

I also agree to maybe a 365 challenge... Different themes, per week or something. That'd be fun!

Soo, with that said.. Thanks Zerospace for bringing such challenge to us! As well as some of your recommendations! 😊🎉 really was great seeing everyone's choices! Discovered movies I never knew of before!! ðŸ’Ŧ

~Kore☊ïļ
reivax​(sub male)
reivax​(sub male) • Nov 1, 2020
Looks like I missed out on the challenge, but I did my own 31 Days of Horror and made a list of what I watched after the fact, so feel free to take a look: https://letterboxd.com/jamesreivax/list/31-days-of-horror-2020/

Of the ones listed, my top recommendations are Absentia, Eyes Without a Face, The Night of the Virgin, The Invisible Man, Kung Fu Zombie, Nails, Bloody Moon, Murder Party, and The Vampire Lovers.