MasterBear​(other butch)
5 years ago • Mar 13, 2019
MasterBear​(other butch) • Mar 13, 2019
Of course looks matter.

They always do and always will.

I personally prefer bbw.

Big boobs, big butt.

I won't play with unkempt or smelly.

BUT I know people where that is their preference.

I am a SSBBW.

I am VERY aware of size bias.

My beloved is African American. With the most beautiful deep skin tone. Through her I am more aware of racial bias.

Looks create an instant attraction or repulsion. That's normal. What a person does with those feelings says worlds about them.
sweet november​(sub female)

Not looking but my thoughts....

I've seen beautiful/ people turn ugly just by their personality, how they treat others. cold heartedness and just boring (whatever boring is to me) cruelty is ugly times infinity.

I've seen, what I would normally call average, maybe above average or even below, become beautiful/ handsome because of their personality, they make me laugh, care about others, and seem to have a lot in common. These are who I tend to be attracted to.

... no matter how someone looks, if they are lazy, hurtful intentionally, doesn't like dogs and can't have fun/ joke...my eyes glaze over and it's time to be polite yet go.

And of course, hygiene is important. ...but a man that just came in from working.... hello icon_wink.gif
alawey​(sub female){(OWNED BY }
ok just a post due to a talk i had yesterday:

Looks being important means different things to different ppl. we can all agree that a Dom needs to be able to take care of himself in order for us to feel comfy with being in his?her hands.

but other than that do they really matter???? that goes into many things:

!. how they act towards others
2. do they have a soul that matches yours to say
3. do they have long hair or a beard? are you into that?
or would you rather they not have a beard or long hair?
4. your a "gym rat " you most likely will be best looking for another "gym rat" (i think)

And so on and so on see there is so much into this question

but most important thing is always the connection the two of you have , and that is open and honest.
Sybil
5 years ago • Mar 14, 2019
Sybil • Mar 14, 2019
“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”
So yes looks matter and as long as I’m attracted to the person and we connects on other levels that’s what matter.
DaddysRainbow{Joint prof}
5 years ago • Mar 14, 2019
DaddysRainbow{Joint prof} • Mar 14, 2019
I dont think this can be generalised to looks to be honest, for any partnership the individuals involved need to be attracted to one another in some way to be able to connect... but what suits one sub would not suit another.
As for a Dom being able to look after themselves, I understand where this comes from, of course if you are to put yourself under their care then their ability to do so must be enough, but again I think this depends on the individual.
We must remember also, our Doms need us as much as we need them, they rely on their sub in many ways and so the ability of the sub to provide what the Dom needs is just as important.
For me, I can't really comment on looks because I find my DD wildly attractive and his features tend to be what I look for in others to deem them attractive! I think it is fully psychological on my part, either that or I'm just super lucky to have an amazingly handsome Daddy ? xx
Miki
5 years ago • Mar 15, 2019
Miki • Mar 15, 2019
"Looks don't matter" is a relative thing. Implied is the qualifier "within reason".

As noted above "unkempt and smelly" can kill the mood. But that having said , as a sexual masochist one paddle, whip, or crop feels as good as another and as I can't always find a kink to whip my ass, I'm content with just getting boned and I'll sleep with anyone.

Not really in the looks dept.-- except the clothes first come off, the size of a schlong does matter.. but not in the way many would first think:
Long and thick (and dry) are great when I'm getting boinked, but not so great when I'm on my knees giving head. For that it's nice to see a smaller, bite-sized one.--- but aside from that, I don't judge a dude by his rod.

^_^

That damn gag reflex is such a pain in the ass.
movingclouds​(sadist male)
movingclouds​(sadist male) • Mar 15, 2019
Yes, of course looks matter. For me, I prefer petite "fun size" women, and there's a list of other features that I find attractive.

But that's all abstract -- useful only to judge a passerby on the street. The instant I meet someone, her posture, her smell, her words, expressions, tone, and the spark behind her eyes, all convey so much more than the initial impression.

On a longer term, her character, her kinks, her willingness to endure pain and suffering, to be humbled and degraded, is not only a turn-on but also earns her an enormous amount of respect in my eyes.

The purely visual initial impression is just a crude filter. Real attraction builds from there.
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Mar 15, 2019
I think that we can all admit that somebody's personality can make some more and or less attractive.

But I am thinking that this is about somebody's looks before you even meet them.

There is a reason that movie stars are expected to be rail-thin with long hair and nice curves.

There is a reason that when products advertise themselves they don't use, quite frankly, people that look like me

It isn't a moral failing to judge people by how they look. We do it all the time.

I would like to go back to a quote that I read here. It said, and I am paraphrasing here, that they would not hand themselves over to somebody who they perceived couldn't handle themselves

If that statement is about looks, then it is completely my point.

Looks do not determine whether or not somebody is healthy. Nor can somebody's look determine how or to What depths they take care of themselves.

So saying that somebody could not be with somebody if that person didn't " look" like they take care of themselves simply says to me that that person has an attraction to people whom they perceive a certain way based on how they look

This isn't a bad thing

But a lot of times when we talk about what are physical preferences are in a partner we feel a need to get really defensive. It is perfectly healthy to say I don't date.....
Mymastersslave​(sub female)
5 years ago • Mar 23, 2019
Just my opinion, but I have to have something to look at. It could be dreamy eyes, strong shoulders, something. With my Sir, it was his eyes. After getting lost in his eyes I couldn't stay away from him.
MasterRenton​(dom male)
5 years ago • Apr 8, 2019
MasterRenton​(dom male) • Apr 8, 2019
I think that a lot of it has to do with if there is sex and romance involved. Personally I haven’t been rejected properly in years due to looks. I believe that has to do with my I don’t seek rule. I just do me and allow submissive women to approach me, not the other way around.

I have heard of some Doms or subs who choose based on looks, there is nothing fundamentally wrong with that other than the risk that looks and experience often do not line up. In my Master mind I don’t turn away a slave based on looks since if I want a change I typically have the control to change it.