Online now
Online now

Alert each other to posers without naming?

LaceCorset​(sub female){Not lookin}
4 years ago • Oct 13, 2019

Alert each other to posers without naming?

Is there any way we can alert each other without saying the username? I’ve reported the one I know is a scam (he alleged to have received a Master’s Degree from a University where I had a best friend there at same time in same study).

One phone call and no way.

Plus other flags like poor grammar, pushy, boasting. Once I asked him about where he lived and the professors he had at this Ivy League school, he blocked me. I know a lot of posers exists. Please be careful.

If there is a way we can communicate about reasonably suspicious behavior please let me know. I’m in.
L.
wynd​(sub female){Not Lookin}
I believe there is a way to repost people who are harassing you.

As far as putting someone who has poor grammar, is boastful or pushy on a warning or bad person list I’d say that’s a very slippery slope to be going down.

Some of those things while unpleasant to deal with do not preclude people from being a dom or a sub.

Who are you (metaphorically speaking) to judge another persons on the infractions you list above? Those things are subjective in nature and not a crime. They actually make the vetting process much easier for some of us. Plus they may be a good fit for someone else.

I don’t know “you” you’re a stranger just the same as anyone else on here, how do I know you aren’t just a woman scorned?
(I’m not saying you are just making the example.) How do I know that it isn’t personal?
rickeyboy
rickeyboy • Oct 13, 2019
poor grammar is not a indication some is a fake.Rather it shows they lack education.
Villanelle​(staff)
4 years ago • Oct 14, 2019
Villanelle​(staff) • Oct 14, 2019
If someone is harassing you report them, block them, and mute them in chat (if you are Premium and have access). We will not allow public "outings" of individuals - attempting to do so may very well result in YOUR account being restricted in some way, which would be counter productive and a loss for the community as a whole. By all means, talk to your friends and share your thoughts and experiences. But use the proper channels and tools to deal with trolls and harassers.
    The most loved post in topic
4 years ago • Oct 15, 2019
I would never violate policies here. I have too much respect for this forum.

What bothered me most was the false background presented that I knew was untrue. Pushy and rude I ignore. Bad grammar happens. I suppose it’s caveat emptor with any online site. It’s distasteful when someone blatantly lies expecting to be believed because he/she demands it. Anyway.. no harm done but thank you for the perspective and input.
Justme26
Justme26 • Oct 15, 2019
I hope this does not seem like trolling but:

Please please please, I suffer from a condition called dyslexia, which amongst other things, means that my spelling, grammar, punctuation etc can sometimes be aporlling. I worry that this will make me look shifty to some people, but I am really not.
[quoteathe ="Justme26"]I hope this does not seem like trolling but:

Please please please, I suffer from a condition called dyslexia, which amongst other things, means that my spelling, grammar, punctuation etc can sometimes be aporlling. I worry that this will make me look shifty to some people, but I am really not.[/quote]

No no not at all. And I didn’t mean to come across as shallow or overly critical. My biggest irritation was that he was trying to convince me he was something he was not. We all have typos, autocorrect errors, hit send before reading and grammar mistakes. I don’t fault someone for any other those or for language barrier, or as you mentioned any difficulty communicating for various other reasons. I don’t care for fraud or being lied to. Very big difference in my mind.
TheChimera​(sub female)
TheChimera​(sub female) • Oct 15, 2019
I'll preface my post by saying that this is simply my humble opinion. It's not meant to come off as snide, or rude.

In a nutshell, my thought is: "Not my circus, not my monkey."

I'm sorry you had to deal woth someone who is a liar like that. Frankly from what you described, sounds like they're very insecure and are making a false identity to not only impress, but to make themselves feel better. Sadly, it happens.

Like with any internet forum or website, you will have people who are shady.

Ultimately, its up to you to tread with caution when encountering folks like so. And whereas I understand your thoughts on giving words of caution to others.
Like you, it's up to them to figure out what kind of person they're talking to.
If they're not clever enough, or naive enough to fall for it... Well. Some lessons are learned from school of hard knocks.

Like I said. Not my circus. Not my monkey.