Online now
Online now

Words of regret

new Luna​(sub female)
1 year ago • Jul 25, 2022

Words of regret

new Luna​(sub female) • Jul 25, 2022
Have you ever responded back to someone to have them totally misunderstand what it was you were trying to say and left them feeling insulted?
I accidentally insulted someone whom was being kind and I feel horrible about it. I tried to apologize and reword my response to be more clear. I felt and still feel bad. I have no idea if he accepted my apology of course but I hope he did.

Has this ever happened to you? If so how did you handle it? The guilt that you hurt someone even if by accident?
FlyingAlan​(dom male)
FlyingAlan​(dom male) • Jul 25, 2022
That's why I hate texting for any conversation that has any importance at all. It happens to me ALL the time and drives me up the wall.
new Luna​(sub female)
new Luna​(sub female) • Jul 25, 2022
Yes the context is so easily misunderstood. Thanks thought I was the only person. I sucks when you hurt someone like that over a misunderstanding
sexycurves​(switch female)
sexycurves​(switch female) • Jul 25, 2022
this has happened to me too. I'm not that good at explaining myself clearly, not very articulate. but the last time it happened, i had to really think on how to explain what i really meant and then i texted them. a conversation followed where i was able to clear things up because they made an effort to understand. in this case i was fortunate but it is difficult when you know you haven't made yourself clear based on their reaction and you're not sure how to get your point across. however if they are not prepared to listen to try and understand what we mean, then are they really worth the worry, self-guilt?
    The most loved post in topic
I'mME
1 year ago • Aug 12, 2022
I'mME • Aug 12, 2022
If one sincerely apologizes and does not let the time grow between the miscommunication and apology, and the other party does not accept it...
That is on them.
LordofPain56
1 year ago • Aug 16, 2022
LordofPain56 • Aug 16, 2022
No, but years ago, on a different BDSM website I received a message from someone unknown to me. I opened and read the message. The lady was levying horrible accusations and insults against me. I was completely shocked. I went to my sent messages to see if I had ever conversed with her before, but there were no messages, and I had never personally met anyone from that site. I knew she was not talking about me, because what she described is completely un-characteristic of my moral behavior.
I replied back that she was mistaken and must have sent the message to the wrong party and revealed that we had never traded messages before, and that I could not possible have ever known her since she was from a State I had never been to.
She did reply back with a GFOAD attitude and no apology.
I had never at that point and still have never blocked anyone, but I watched my inbox and she never sent another message again.
trixietrixster​(sub female)
1 year ago • Aug 17, 2022
WIth texting, emails, us humans lose the ability more and more to communicate in person. While those are nice do work for some things, there is absolutely something to be said for face to face interactions. I know that technology is helpful with regard to certain things, however, it also takes away from human contact and the context of which things are said ...

All you can do is try to explain how and where the misunderstanding was, aplogize, and offer the proverbial olive branch. If one doesn't reach for it, yes, it's sad, but we have to move on. Perhaps someday this person will come back into your life, so, while you can keep the faith to a certain degree, you also you need to let it go and get on with your life ...
Miki
Miki • Aug 17, 2022
Yeah that kinda blows, but it's the nature of the keyboard/phone-face beast.

I've never received anything offensive, although it's pretty hard to offend me, because, in part, not everyone on a given site is from the same area, or even the same country, so words are used differently. If something comes in that looks way off-the-wall I generally write back and ask the writer what they meant. If they're deliberately trying to be offensive, then they get the internet version of "click".

For myself, I just use bland, neutral-looking words that are hard to misinterpret.
balloonkotinsp
balloonkotinsp • Aug 17, 2022
That happened to me. Not more than a week ago on this site. I messaged someone simply commenting on a passage in their profile. A conversation starter. And she responded by saying, How the fuck would you know anything about me? And blocked me. Probably best to find out right away I suppose.
trixietrixster​(sub female)
Miki wrote:
Yeah that kinda blows, but it's the nature of the keyboard/phone-face beast.

I've never received anything offensive, although it's pretty hard to offend me, because, in part, not everyone on a given site is from the same area, or even the same country, so words are used differently. If something comes in that looks way off-the-wall I generally write back and ask the writer what they meant. If they're deliberately trying to be offensive, then they get the internet version of "click".

For myself, I just use bland, neutral-looking words that are hard to misinterpret.

A great point you bring up regarding different cultures and use of words!