Online now
Online now

Age-Gaps - Attracting Interest in Older Men - Not Reciprocated

Tasnim​(other female)
3 years ago • Nov 22, 2020

Re: Age-Gaps - Attracting Interest in Older Men - Not Recipr

Tasnim​(other female) • Nov 22, 2020
Fernweh wrote:
I keep attracting a lot of interest in men that are a lot (20+ years) older than me. I am not reciprocating the interest so I added to my profile that I am not interested in age-gap relationships but for some reason that doesn't decrease the interest. Any suggestions?

Nope, no suggestion at all. I changed mine to 20+ but less than 30 because it honestly doesn't matter if it's there, besides most men here are 20+ years older than me especially ones wanting a RL TPE. So I mostly see if they fit my criteria and isn't married or with tons of poly subs. I'm into age gap but not drastic ones I never had someone 20+ online or irl so I don't know how that will work out. And am afraid of stuff I don't know so i try to avoid it. I know this doesn't help but if people text you just tell them you're not interested if they still bother you then don't respond. That's honestly the best suggestion.
wildbabe
wildbabe • Nov 22, 2020
It's the same with people saying they are not looking but still they get offers. Or people who say they are submissives or littles and Masters looking for slaves approach them. I would just delete. If they can't be bothered to read your profile, why would you bother to reply?!
FirmbutGentle​(dom male)
FirmbutGentle​(dom male) • Nov 22, 2020
Don't look at me. Totally get it that many younger ladies are not into older guys. I do read the profiles to not waste yours or my time and I know when to take a hint to kiss off...
Peace be the Journey
Peace be the Journey • Nov 22, 2020
Being one of those guys that would be categorized as "older," you can imagine that this can be a "touchy" subject, and one I have commented on previously. The initial question is fine in that Fernweh has an age PREFERENCE and would rather not have people outside of that preference message her. And I agree with most of the comments that recommend it be clearly stated in the profile, and also agree that people should honor comments and requests made in the profiles. I, for one, pass by anyone that states they have a certain age limitation for which I do not fit, and I would hope others would too.

However, some other comments go beyond preferences into prejudices, lumping all older men together as "old farts" and insinuating we are all of failing bodies and feeble minds. This is no less prejudice and insulting than saying all people of color are stupid, criminals, or subhuman [absolutely not true - only using this as an example of categorical prejudice]. I resent those insults and denigration just because I was born in a certain year, something which I cannot change.

I workout 5 days a week and would almost certainly guarantee you can't keep up with me. I am a national partner in a 1,000-person scientific and engineering company for which they pay me well into six figures. I am healthy and functional in all male ways. So how do I fall into your "geezer" category without you knowing anything about me?

Preferences are fine - clearly state them. But lumping an entire class of people together and denigrating them is just showing your prejudice and ignorance - and it is IMHO ugly (sorry, not sorry - or is that a young person's saying?).

I am not a number. I am not a geezer. I am not feeble in any way. But I do, on occasion, have some spectacular "old farts." 😁
tallslenderguy​(other male)

Re: Age-Gaps - Attracting Interest in Older Men - Not Recipr

Fernweh wrote:
I keep attracting a lot of interest in men that are a lot (20+ years) older than me. I am not reciprocating the interest so I added to my profile that I am not interested in age-gap relationships but for some reason that doesn't decrease the interest. Any suggestions?

i'd suggest that a large percentage of this has nothing to do with age and everything to do with people who do not read profiles. i frequently get emails from young women trying to domme me.

If one reads my profile, it's clear i am gay.

i'd day 90% of the people who contact me have not read my profile... they see "sub male" in the label line, and they are off and running.
Miki
Miki • Nov 22, 2020
tallslendersubdude, no offense but I have no clue where all these "young women" are trying to domme you might be coming from. I have looked through a lot of lists here and frankly don't see many dommes who aren't also "not looking", let alone "young" ones.

You should be careful, there are any number of "comedians" out there who like to play inbox games. Tickle Pops and see if he pops a rod.

As for the one who keeps in shape and so-forth, well an "old fart" is an old fart in that no matter how good he might look, how chiseled and buff his lower cheeks might be, how much the noodle can still stiffen in the breeze, it's straightforward for me. I hang out with a lot of dinosaurs as friends because I soak up their life experience stories, dig on dinosaur music (Tee Set anyone? How bout Canned Heat?) but as for sexuality, it's a cold-handed turn off to even think of getting busy with someone old enough to be my old man. Sorry, the music just doesn't play, and no little cupids fly out of my ass when I see gray hair in the room.
tallslenderguy​(other male)
@Miki

lol, no offense taken, my guess and implication is they are scammers. i do not even know if they are truly "young women" or if they are just scruffy guys smoking a cigar and playing the numbers game. my point is, so many people on sites like this are not serious, they are not interested in relationship... if they were, they would read, and pay attention to, the persons profile before approaching them.
Defender​(dom male)
Defender​(dom male) • Nov 22, 2020
Speaking from current experience, I guess those subs who are content to be approached - or even approach - older males, are too busy talking to their older Doms, to spend their time posting on the Forum.

In answer to the OP's point, I would say get over it.

In the light of all the catastrophes in this world, how hard is it really, to press the Block button?

Repeatedly, if necessary....
DrKrall
3 years ago • Nov 23, 2020
DrKrall • Nov 23, 2020
As one of those older Doms who sometimes contacts younger subs (even if I don't think I've ever contacted OP) this gives me two thoughts.
1. How can you expect people to respect a limit if they don't know about it?
2. Some people don't respect limits anyway. I get messages from gay men, dominant women, girls wanting online role play, females looking for pay for play etc. Get over it.
SubtleHush​(sub female)
3 years ago • Nov 28, 2020
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Nov 28, 2020
It isn't unique to young sub older Dom
The young men come in droves and hit on everyone.

For me they come with the age is just a number line and my last sub was your age. To wit I point out she is a 'last'.

Not everyone who approaches you is serious about wanting what you want. They are serious about agreeing to your wants to sell you on something they think they can offer. And if they get a little for a little while it's all good. In the beginning we're all polite and explain why not this or why not that. Later you just delete the message and go on. It isn't a discussion you think you're having. It's a debate and they just want to convince you of something you already said no to.

I don't respond. I just delete and if they message a few times usually with rapier wit like "'sup'" I just close and delete.

It has been like this since the Internet started and will always be like this as long as women stay in the discussion.