Online now
Online now

I am curious

Bunnie
3 years ago • Sep 27, 2020
Bunnie • Sep 27, 2020
Well... I’m not American, so, I have no interest in your politics.

And what even is feminism these days? It’s certainly not what it started out as... fighting for equity. I say no thank you to “feminism.” If feminism truly existed, I would feel safe as a female to openly share that I love being in a male led relationship. I would feel safe as a female to honour wanting to be a homemaker rather than a business woman. I would feel safe as a female to sit in my femininity and relish how much I love serving my man. We would teach our girls that they don’t need to be masculine to be capable... that it’s ok to be feminine and capable. That we are simply not the same and that’s ok. Interestingly it’s “feminism” that tells me I’m wrong as the female I am. It long ago stopped being about creating an opportunity to be ourselves... it now seems very much just about revenge... and like everything radical... yet again a select few who think that their way is “right.”

Tearing down men, tearing down anyone... is nothing I want to be a part of. We don’t build greatness by tearing each other down... that’s how we all end up in the gutter.

This quote says it all for me:

“We are sun and moon, dear friend; we are sea and land. It is not our purpose to become each other; it is to recognise each other, to learn to see the other and honour him for what he is: each the other’s opposite and complement.” ~Hermann Hesse~
    The most loved post in topic
ursa​(sub female)
ursa​(sub female) • Sep 27, 2020
I think I would say that I am a feminist and I suppose my political views are more left than right, but those are all such relative terms depending on the rest of your worldview and exposure. I think the term "feminism" as it is often used and expressed by other modern "feminists" isn't the kind of feminism I identify with.

I believe that everyone should have equal rights regardless of their gender, and I think that's a "feminist" opinion to have. I think women should be able to vote, choose what happens to their bodies, choose who they marry, who they divorce, and what happens to their futures. Just because I desire Dominance in a partner does not mean that I believe all women are inferior to men in anyway, and in that I still consider myself a "feminist."

I also think men should have all of the same rights as women. Men are too often shunned in custody battles, denied paternity leaves, told to shoulder all of the financial burdens of a household. By some definitions, my defense of men's rights would be considered "feminist" because I support equal rights between the genders. Men and women have different bodies, but I don't think that means they should have different rights or opportunities, and perhaps that is a liberal-feminist thing to think. I think men are subject to toxic masculinity in the same ways that women can be subjected to toxic femininity, and I have seen people of all genders enforce those toxic ideologies.
SweetieT​(sub female)
SweetieT​(sub female) • Sep 27, 2020
Hello Sir Thinker,

You present a very good and very valid question. As a liberal person and a woman that strongly believes in and actively supports women's rights-but also is a submissive by nature, I can see how this can seem contradictory. But the beauty of feminism and being liberal means that we have the freedom to choose who we want to be. Being submissive does not mean that our rights as women are taken away. It means that by our own valition we choose to submit and give ourselves freely to someone deserving (unless being forced against our own will).

Being a submissive does not mean that a women is lesser than a man. She is still equal, but provides different-but equally important- substance to a relationship.

Just my liberal, submissive opinion💜✌️💜
exploringsubmissive​(sub female)
Hi
So, I would consider myself both!
Being a liberal and a feminist to me is believing that I have the right to choose what I want from life. If I were in a position to be a stay at home wife I would love it.
Being a feminist is saying that women and men are equal under the law and in society. I have the right to be in a male led relationship if I want to, and my best friend is free to be in a marriage with another woman if that's what she wants to do.

I also agree wholeheartedly with what Ursa said above.
The Thinker​(sadist male){NotLooking}

Re: I am curious

The Thinker wrote:
How any submissive women here would consider themselves to be a feminist and a liberal?

I have to apologize.

My question was:

How *m*any submissive women here would consider themselves to be a feminist and a liberal?

I typed any instead of many, did not proof check, and obviously, ended up asking a completely different question than I intended to.
Bunnie
3 years ago • Sep 28, 2020
Bunnie • Sep 28, 2020
@ The Thinker,

I realise that perhaps you were seeking to share with like-minded people, and I can’t help but feel like I derailed that with my opinion... my apologies.
Curious Raven​(other female)
3 years ago • Sep 28, 2020
I am absolutely a feminist and a liberal—-just not so sure if I’m a sub! LOL. But I think it’s terribly important to submit from a position of strength, free will and choice. That to me is the essence of feminism, of humanism. It’s a very interesting question...especially as I fear that the hard-won rights of American women are in a precarious position.