Online now
Online now

Tattoos: Yay or Nae

SynUnrestricted​(dom female)
3 years ago • Nov 22, 2020
Hi, Vixie.

I have several tattoos (plan on a lot more) and an ownership tattoo I hope to place on any s/s that can pass training/initiation.
I love tattoos AS LONG AS its not on the face/head (those I really do not understand) or in a place that is not easily covered for professionalism. All of mine are/will be able to be covered by clothes.

It is personal preference honestly, he doesn't like them so "Have a nice day" comes to mind, but to have someone have the gal to ASK you to remove it is, in my opnion, repulsive! You got it before meeting said person so I feel like its a null and void conversation.

My husband and I have opposite political views (or rather he has a side and I just dont care) it doesnt come between us. We even have lively debates lol
wildbabe
wildbabe • Nov 22, 2020
I think it's not a yay or nay question. Some like blondes, others like redheads and even though it's easier to dye your hair than remove a tattoo you shouldn't do either just to please someone. That has nothing to do with the lifestyle, I think, but rather why you would even consider to remove something that has a deep meaning to you just because someone doesn't like it. It also sounds very shallow if the fact it could work between you was dependant on a tattoo. Sounds more like he was looking for an easy way out and blamed it on the tattoo. You do you!
SubtleHush​(sub female)
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Nov 22, 2020
Little Vixie​ "Am I thinking too much into not wanting to remove something that holds meaning to me? (NOPE NOT AT ALL) Are tattoos a deal-breaker for any of yall?"

We all should have must-haves and deal-breakers. And they won't fit for every person we talk to.

I don't have tattoos but some are amazing and if I got one it would represent something very meaningful to me. Him expecting you to erase some part of yourself was selfish. If you had a very offensive tattoo that you got when drunk. (Watch the show tattoo nightmares) I could see it.

I believe in accepting others and being accepted myself as we are now. So If I am not thin enough for you, or you don't like my hair color or want me to get a tattoo (yep they are out there too) then we don't match.

People are supposed to accept you here and now, not accept you contingent on what they can change in you. Be proud of your puppies. They sound sweet.
Schatzi​(switch female){Yes}
Hi Vixie, it just says that he is not the Dom for you. No one should have to alter their body just to be accepted. If a Dom has a true interest in you, then it is in you not your tattoo that represents your family.

Everyone has their likes, dislikes, deal breakers and etc. But there is also something be said about asking too much right off the bat. So I say find another Dom that accepts you as you come to them.
LordofPain56

Re: Tattoos: Yay or Nae

LordofPain56 • Nov 22, 2020
Little Vixie wrote:
he said he didn't like tattoos.

Generally I don't like them and always wondered why. One sabbath, I was reading the Bible and found it was forbidden for anyone in the Israelite community to mark himself with a tattoo. There was my answer. I have found many times I have shyed away from something for no particular reason only to later find that it was forbidden in the Bible. I hold no prejudice against you or anyone else who may have opposing mental makeup. In my view, we are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God.

Little Vixie wrote:
(I have one right below my ribs on my right side. It is 3 dalmatian puppies from 101 Dalmatians. 2 have pink collars and one has a blue collar. They represent my siblings and it has meaning for me).

That sounds really cute especially since it holds a special meaning for you about family. Not the least bit repulsive to me. Although, I must confess there are some that have tattoos all over their bellies or their whole body, leaving me to wonder why they just don't stay dresses all the time. What's the difference? Being a man, I always want to undress a girl to see her flesh, not a bunch of tattoos completely covering her skin or large portions of it. Gaudy tattooing always turns me OFF. Can't help it and can't change it.

Little Vixie wrote:
I am a republican and he said that he wouldn't tolerate a Trump Supporter or Conservatives)

Maybe it's a good thing he told you he is a liberal (or leftist), otherwise, had you gotten together, you might always be arguing about political ideology. Don't worry, at least I am on your side!

Little Vixie wrote:
Are tattoos a deal breaker for any of yall?

I personally wouldn't wear one myself and I wouldn't be turned off by small images located in areas I don't tend to pay much attention to. There's a girl I've seen around here that has a giant sunburst tattoo'd around her navel. It actually makes me want to puke. I close my eyes to the view of a tattoo upon the breast, belly or butt, but I like to kiss those spots and the thought of planting a kiss on a blob of stale ink is nauseating to me.
Again nothin against anyone wearing tats, it's just my inner mental makeup that seems to turn me away from the gaudy ones.
AlphaRomeo​(dom male)
AlphaRomeo​(dom male) • Nov 22, 2020
I wouldn't say that tatoos are a hard deal breaker for me, but I'm definitely not a fan of them. But I also would never ask a sub to remove them if they had an important meaning to said sub, especially if we weren't even in a committed relationship. For me I just see tattoos as like large birthmark, it's not necessarily a deal breaker, but more an obstacle to overcome if that helps.

Now as far as politics go, I don't care about my subs political opinions, as long as they aren't constantly in my face about it, and a willing to have a civilized discussion about it. Both my parents had different political views and it never came between them, so I don't see why it would be a problem for me.
Alpha Wolfe
Alpha Wolfe • Nov 22, 2020
Hi Vixie, I don't have much to say. Some people have deal breakers, such as this man with tattoos. You should only work with them if it lines up with what you want, same with any relationship really.
I myself don't have tattoos, but don't mind if others do, especially if it hold meaning to them.
Given the deep meaning yours holds for you, I'd say don't remove it for anyone.
No matter how well you connect with someone, you shouldn't feel like you HAVE to do something just because they want it. He asked, you said no, that's okay. If anyone ever presses something like that, just be weary.

Regards,
Wolfe
    The most loved post in topic
Little Vixie​(sub female){Mgh30}

Tattoos: Yay or Nae

Hello Everyone,
I hope everyone had an amazing day.

My question is mostly for Doms: How do yall feel about Tattoos?
I had a Dom reach out to me with the possibility of a connection, but he said he didn't like tattoos. (I have one right below my ribs on my right side. It is 3 dalmatian puppies from 101 Dalmatians. 2 have pink collars and one has a blue collar. They represent my siblings and it has meaning for me). This dom basically asked me if I would consider removing them (even after stating that the tattoo was able to be covered by my hand and could be concealed by my clothing). He told me he wasn't interested anymore even though I thought we matched up pretty well, before this convo (he also had other issues; ie I am a republican and he said that he wouldn't tolerate a Trump Supporter or Conservatives)

Am I thinking too much into not wanting to remove something that holds meaning to me? Are tattoos a deal breaker for any of yall?

Very Respectfully,
Vixie