Online now
Online now

heavy scenes

DanielBelum​(dom male)
3 years ago • Jan 26, 2021

heavy scenes

DanielBelum​(dom male) • Jan 26, 2021
https://www.eroticawakening.com/ea552-heavy-scenes/

Some of the feedback we got on this episode was that newer people should not be allowed to watch or participate in heavy scenes (water boarding, cutting) as they might think it is 'normal' bdsm and just right in.

Thoughts?
    The most loved post in topic
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Jan 26, 2021
Thanks for sharing this Dan! Looking forward to listening to this podcast.
MisterAshmodai​(dom male)
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • Jan 26, 2021
As a Dom who regularly engaged in heavy scenes, I have learned a couple of things about The community and people in general. The very concept of ‘normal’ is truly poisonous to the spirit of the kink community in that it invalidates the freedom of expression by which the practice originated. A better way to approach this idea is to emphasize that kink is often the pursuit of working out a means of appreciating what is not normal, but is still valid and positively meaningful. To declare that new people should not be allowed to experience something for a fear that they will formulate the ‘wrong’ conception is to insinuate that they are not only untrustworthy when it comes to policing themselves, but that it is the duty of a foreign party to control how they do about ingratiating themselves into a personal endeavor. There is a reason (one of many, valid reasons) why children are not allowed to participate in adult practices. They lack the emotional maturity to truly understand what they are getting into. While an argument can be made that reaching eighteen years of age does not automatically bestow maturity, at some point, it is imperative that an individual take charge of their own decisions and consent, and to attempt to continue to control this for any reason is destructive to the entire concept of kink; freedom of expression without judgement.
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • Jan 26, 2021
I'd definitely say there are certain levels of play that should be attained prior to considering such things, but how many levels to be put through prior is certainly based on the individual
KisforKitten​(sub female)
KisforKitten​(sub female) • Jan 26, 2021
The podcast is so interesting!! I learnt so much just from listening.

I so agreed with Dawn's point saying how will someone know they liked something or be able to learn if they're not able to access and that learning is so important so that you don't go out and cause ABH.

I do kind of think that people who are attending an event are going to be of age and consenting to be there so to an extent I do feel that it should be their decision as long as they are given all the relevant information.
I'mME
3 years ago • Jan 27, 2021
I'mME • Jan 27, 2021
The point,

What does it say to the person (s) who have an interest in 'heavy' types of fetishes when the 'heavy demo' is rejected ?

For whatever reason (s)

Lack of inclusion
Placing one fetish as being better than another or maybe a better word would be 'normal' .

Mother Earth FORBID !!! LOL.

there is a statement that (please don't quote me as I am unsure whether I have it exactly right, but the meaning is there)

Your kink is not my kink, and that is okay.

Respect......

Which for people that have any kind of triggers, just uncomfortable around certain things, etc

Warnings (so consent can be given or not) should be given in whatever form before such demo.