Online now
Online now

little but not young?

ellefire​(sub female)
2 years ago • May 13, 2021

little but not young?

ellefire​(sub female) • May 13, 2021
It has been suggested to me a couple of times over the past several months that I have some little tendencies, so I'm doing what I do best and starting to ask questions! I can see how some of the structure that I crave and the characteristics of the Dom I seek could come from a DD/lg dynamic. But I don't identify as young or as a babygirl (no stuffies thanks, though i am partial to glitter!). I know that being a little is NOT the same thing as age-regression, but I'm still not sure I understand the whole thing.

I know that labels are not necessary, and that one of the beautiful things about kink dynamics is that we can take the parts we like and toss the rest. That said, descriptions are very useful and I'd love to learn more about the whole DD/lg thing, especially in regards to the possibility of being little without being young. Thoughts appreciated!
Master Havok​(dom male)

yes, enlightenment!

Master Havok​(dom male) • May 13, 2021
I too have wondered about this dynamic. I find much of it intriguing, and even understand the enjoyment on both sides as I have raised kids and enjoyed it as a father. However, I am also unsure about a relationship based on that dynamic. I only have very limited knowledge from knowing one girl who enjoyed little-space and only as a friend of a friend. From what I understand, for many, it's not necessarily a sexual dynamic. I have even seen personal ads stating the fact they seek a non-sexual component.
I do understand, I enjoyed spending time with my kids, reading to them, watching them color, and snuggling on the couch watching cartoons (Rugrats!! 🙂 ) It brings back a lot of pleasant memories. I suppose I am trying to look at it through the lens of a 24/7 dynamic, I don't know.

Perhaps someone can share some insight?
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • May 13, 2021
It all depends on what you enjoy, which may just be part of your personality. Baby girl, little girl, middle girl, preteen, teen girl, your possible lg type is mist commonly defined by an age bracket based on activites. And just cause you do stuff that doesn't usually fit with your biological age bracket doesn't make you any of those. You may just be portraying personality traits.
MrFulmen
MrFulmen • May 13, 2021
Plenty lots of people enjoy a parent/child flavor to their relationships without fantasizing about the person in the filial role being any younger than their actual age or having them act in childlike ways.

Instead the dynamic is about two adults who relate to one another like a parent and child relate. The parental one exercises a kind of "for your own good" authority. The child-role one seeks their partner's approval and turns to them for guidance. Or something along those lines.

If that sounds like what you're feeling called to, you're in good company.
CSI
CSI
CSI • May 13, 2021
I think we are similar in this regard. I have little tendencies. I love feeling safe and secure, a good Disney movie, and the simple things in life (picking flowers, spending time together, being silly). But I don't age play or regress. I know with the right dominant, I absolutely go into a "trust them completely" to the point of being completely vulnerable and open and almost a naive state of mind. It's hard to explain and it definitely doesn't happen with everyone.
Dominus eius​(dom male){LittleLott}
2 years ago • May 14, 2021
We always seem to be in a rush to label and find the right label. There’s no reason you can’t have a pinch of A, a dash of B with a predominance of C.

Lotte has several traits that would fit comfortably into the DD/lg bucket. However, she also has many more which don’t. Likewise myself - I enjoy being a nurturing and protective Dom for her. However, stepping further into the DD/lg area isn’t for either of us. Though, if I sent her to bed early, I think she’d think that was the best gift ever!! 🤣

So, having rambled a little, what I’m trying to say is that just because you enjoy some of the items that fit within a traditional DD/lg dynamic - it doesn’t mean you have to jump neck deep into that dynamic. Do what works for you - it is your dynamic and your choice after all.....
salutexlovely​(sub female){{Owned}}
When I first started researching "little" I was not feeling it lol. I didn't understand the pacifiers , the diapers , the age regression ect. While I didn't understand it , I also respected it. The dynamic itself though was something I was all for. Exactly as stated above , the "parental" rule setting role and the corresponding " little one" seeking approval. THAT is what ddlg is to me.
I enjoy what I consider to be MY little activities , and I certainly hope my Daddy does too. But putting the boxes out there and checking off tic marks to say I am or am not is arbitrary. What makes me happy , safe , and secure? Forget what the quiz on line says you are!
I'm apart of other ddlg groups and the OVERWHELMING insecurities of " I feel like I'm not little enough" resonate in so many who enjoy this kink! It frustrates me to see it sometimes because , to me , at it's very core , being little means letting go of control , letting go of stress , enjoying a time when things were magical and being cared for was a given not a condition.
CSI
CSI
CSI • May 14, 2021
I love that last sentence, salutexlovely. "Enjoying a time when things were magical and being cared for was a given not a condition". That sums it up perfectly.
    The most loved post in topic
Sammy45​(sub female)
2 years ago • May 16, 2021
Sammy45​(sub female) • May 16, 2021
Well my lovely friend
As ever what I would say to you is be you

I think many of us have traits in us , little middle introvert extrovert brat etc

Just because someone else can see these traits doesn’t mean you actually are or have them

Does that make you someone who is interested in DDlg

Many people will engage with have their own agenda and will try to push you down a certain route or direction

Be you
Try to understand what makes you tick
Don’t rush into labels
One person idea or what DDlg in particular can be very different from your understanding

If it is something you are interested ...explore but don’t try to squeeze yourself into a box quickly or because someone else’s thinks you should
PrincessTailz{Collared}
2 years ago • May 20, 2021
PrincessTailz{Collared} • May 20, 2021
Hi, I'm a little.

First, I'm wondering who told you being little was different from agere? Many of us do age regress, but we're non sexual littles and don't do age PLAY. LittleSpace is meant for us to feel safe, secure, and carefree.

When I'm in my LittleSpace, I feel somewhere between 3 and 7. But I know others who feel like teens, teens, even adults. It can have so many aspects to it, and it does not need to be kinky or sexual in nature. Maybe you just want to be cared for, and that's fine. You can be little without stuffies, pacis, diapers, etc.

I personally hate the idea of diapers, but will use a paci and snuggle stuffed and watch cartoons and all sorts of things.

I'd suggest reading more about LittleSpace, agere, age play, etc. It might be what you're looking for, it may not be. Either is fine, and there isn't a right or wrong way to be Little.