Online now
Online now

What’s on your mind?

Naya
3 years ago • Feb 22, 2021

What’s on your mind?

Naya • Feb 22, 2021
I should be getting things done, the house is a mess after being at work and having my daughter home for a week. (It was over a year and as we have both had our vaccine we just couldn’t wait any longer for a hug).

Maybe it’s the post visit blues, maybe procrastination? To me, it just feels like eternal boredom is setting in.

Tell me what’s on your mind today? I’m just desperate for some conversation.

Peace and Love xx
Defender​(dom male)
Defender​(dom male) • Feb 22, 2021
You are by no means alone Naya.

Eternal boredom setting in?

I think after nearly a year of this thing that many people have just about had enough.

I'm lucky in that I have felt tranquil and at peace for most of last year, but the period since Christmas has been the pits.

Some subs I know have been feeling it too.

Maybe it's the distant sight of the end of the tunnel.

Maybe it just cannot come quick enough for us.

The lovely weather currently in the Southeast of the UK where I am and with Spring coming, it just makes me want to throw off the shackles and get out there!

Back to normal life.

What is happening to us mentally is, apparently "normal" under the circumstances.

So stay brave.

It will be over soon.

D.
    The most loved post in topic
Naya
Naya • Feb 22, 2021
I think you have put far more succinctly into words, exactly my thoughts.

I too long to be outside, but mud prevents enjoyment so far.

Coming home from work in the daylight makes a difference, but where I will get my energy from to make a start on the garden is anybody’s guess.

Thank you for your thoughts! They are much appreciated.

I hope others will post here from time to time to share their thoughts for the day too.

Naya x
Dominus eius​(dom male){LittleLott}
Yes, it’s certainly a challenge in this climate to keep motivation. To avoid spiralling into a cycle of “what’s the point”.

However, there is point, there is an end (maybe not quite in sight, but over the brow of the hill).

The fact that your daughter was able to come and see you and give you that tactile hug - that’s a step.

This is also the turning point in the year, when the gardens and outside turns from dark and bleak into signs of life - our first bulbs are breaking ground here. Yes, there will still be miserable wet days - but with more light and more life.

Given the winter we’ve had (not just weather, but socially) it’s not a surprise to feel jaded - it’s perfectly understandable (great, I now have the song from Chicago in my head).
Naya
Naya • Feb 22, 2021
Ok I give up....

Which Chicago song? I can’t work it out!!!

Pretty good band though 😊
Naya
Naya • Feb 22, 2021
No wonder I couldn’t work it out!

I’d give my eye teeth to find a whoopee spot where the gin is cold and the piano’s hot!

😉
Taramafor​(sub male)
3 years ago • Feb 24, 2021
Taramafor​(sub male) • Feb 24, 2021
I talked a closed minded person with issues and broke them to the point of honesty. I did what their life time of shrinks could not. Make them more open minded and help them with their issues which is why we make each other happy.

Seriously, the shrinks (and professional doms) jobs won't allow the conditions to get those results.

I also get the SAME result each and every time by following a pattern. That applies to everyone. It is not what closed minded people think. And I might just make a thread about this because it's always gotten people to focus on being happy with me. Even if there was unhealthy toxic abuse tossed in my face only moments beforehand. I know a lot of people, and we make each other happy.

This is good. I feel awesome. The pattern just works. Stick to the pattern, gets the results. Ends justify the means.

Also, got a talk day arranged on Friday. Have to employ pattern there. I'm good, but it's still "pre-talk jitters". Just got to remain logical and focus on the honesty. Otherwise "What we feel like" can put people in danger. Something too many people lose sight of.

Too many people think of themselves alone. Or worse, don't think at all. Lack of brains does not get respect. Choosing to be an idiot is willingly harming people. They might not mean to do it, but the ignorance is the biggest danger of all. The start of the pattern is awareness. Otherwise, no clear choice. In-between the two we have honesty. That's about half of the pattern. I'll get into more detail about it when I make that thread.
Naya
3 years ago • Feb 27, 2021
Naya • Feb 27, 2021
I’m thinking how sad I feel today after hearing that one of my neighbours passed away overnight.

His death brings sadness to those who have loved and lost him. Having lost loved ones myself I feel empathy as well as knowing that nothing I can say or do will make the difference I wish it could.

Death is hard to accept, but grief is a lifelong road, sometimes you may as well be wading through treacle, some days you feel ok.

Life is hard right now, for all of us.

When I hear of a person passing, it motivates me to hug my loved ones a little tighter. Maybe call that friend I haven’t spoken to for too long. Maybe even write a letter. So that’s what I’ll do.

Here’s to George, a ladies man to the end, but a perfect gentleman at all times.

I’ll miss you x