Online now
Online now

Questions. Out of curiosity

Bunnie
3 years ago • Mar 7, 2021
Bunnie • Mar 7, 2021
I’ve observed others in chat who are taken, flirting. However, it has to be pretty blatantly obvious for me to recognise it as flirting... basically waving their genitals in front of each others face, because I allow for the fact that sometimes people are simply friendly (I am so timid and shy around someone I like that they may believe I don’t like them, whereas I’m so boisterous and playful with those I’m not interested in beyond friendship that others may believe I’m interested in them)... I always try to be open and mindful of the potential for misunderstood signals.

In all honesty, I don’t particularly understand the point of flirting at all. I personally don’t tend to “play games” when it comes to my intentions.
But something I’ve come to observe here, is that people want attention, because they have been, or are being, starved of it in their daily lives. A lot of people seem to believe that being desired makes them special... so if they’re desired by many, they must be ultra special. I think flirting is along that same thought process.

Is it harmful? I think a person who feels safe and secure within themselves and their dynamic, doesn’t need attention from others to give them validation. It can definitely be harmful to other partners... or hurtful. It’s simply about respect, in my opinion.
    The most loved post in topic
AdamDragon​(dom male)
AdamDragon​(dom male) • Mar 7, 2021
I feel that as long as lines and boundaries are not crossed, flirting can be fun sometimes. At the end of the day, she still comes home with Me (so to speak) Just My opinion
OraclePollon​(sub female){NotYours}
AdamDragon wrote:
I feel that as long as lines and boundaries are not crossed, flirting can be fun sometimes. At the end of the day, she still comes home with Me (so to speak) Just My opinion

Totally! I enjoy being shown off, and a lot of that is flirtatious in nature. Reminds me of a Michael Buble song. "Save The Last Dance For Me" it is harmless, and I think can strengthen a great dynamic to not be afraid to show the world how confident you are on your Sirs arm. I am proud when my Sir shows respect to other women, and they know how well I have it, but the line gets drawn when that third party thinks that means "share" or "take"
MisterAshmodai​(dom male)
3 years ago • Mar 8, 2021
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • Mar 8, 2021
On both sides of this equation, boundaries are key. If no boundary is set, then (as unpopular of an opinion as this might be), there is no rule or standard defining what is ‘correct’ beyond that you should speak to your partner before attempting anything you are unsure about. Personally, I would not place a boundary on any of my s type partners that they are not allowed to flirt outside of the dynamic of my own accord. I am more than confident enough in myself that they are not going to risk our dynamic for someone else, and if they were to find someone else who is legitimately better for them than I, then as much as that sucks for me, I am not going to tie them down.
Now, if a boundary is set and agreed to within the dynamic, it should be respected in as much as that dynamic is respected.

On the flip side, there are unspoken connotations to reciprocated flirtation, and as adults, we are all aware of this. Making your own boundaries known at the get-go is important. This way, the other party understands what they are getting into and there are no hard feelings at the end of what could be a lot of effort for someone in active pursuit of a partner. Ideally, they would politely back out in this case, knowing that you are committed elsewhere; or the flirtation continues all in good fun as neither side is expecting more to come.