Online now
Online now

Munch in Michigan

myaluvbot​(sub female)
3 years ago • Apr 10, 2021

Munch in Michigan

myaluvbot​(sub female) • Apr 10, 2021
Does anyone live in Michigan and know of any munches to attend? Specifically the metro Detroit area but I’m willing to travel!
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Apr 10, 2021
http://findamunch.com/tag/detroit/

The info hasn't been updated since 2015, but would give you a start point. I would be surprised if anyone is doing in person munches currently, covid still a threat, but they may well be doing them via zoom, or other video chat methods.
MisterAshmodai​(dom male)
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • Apr 10, 2021
You can try FetLife. It is more often updated, last I checked. I don’t know as much about Detroit, but I know the greater Ann Arbor area has a few.
ElizaEmma​(sub female){NotLooking}
Five of the states accounted for some 43% of the infections in the US. It seems a bit irresponsible to have in-person munches at this time ...

https://apnews.com/article/nearly-half-us-coronavirus-infections-come-from-5-states-53888dc78894cc76cb1bb50f8300f102
    The most loved post in topic
Miki
3 years ago • Apr 11, 2021
Miki • Apr 11, 2021
Michigan? I'd avoid that place for a while. It's now the COVID Capital of America.

As such there are restrictions and non-residential gatherings are prohibited by the department of health and human services. Residential gatherings are limited to no more than 10 (a lot depends on the size of the residence as well)

The only munches there will be illegal and therefore not advertised. I'd avoid that place like the plague.. because it is one.

***Source michigan.gov; covid and mask page.

I'd take this shit deadly serious. Young, unvaccinated people are catching it like crazy, some winding up in ERs, some later find themselves on respirators, and all too many "find themselves" in a a body bag.

Reign in the hormones until the tide turns on this.

Additionally, even with this spike, the Feds do not intend to raise the weekly vaccine alotment for that state.
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • Apr 11, 2021
Kind of difficult to avoid where you live, but sound advice either way.
Actually attending munches should be postponed until the Covid situation is more in hand. The opening of vaccines in Michigan should be in June at the latest. Until then, perhaps see if virtual munches are a thing?
Miki
Miki • Apr 11, 2021
Well yeah if you live there... Also I should have said "avoid high risk bullshit" there, or anywhere.

That is the root of this. Risk takers and mask fakers (Those wearing theirs around the chin or leaving their nose uncovered).

Stay inside, go out only when you must, and avoid people or at least talking to them.

That's what I do here in Assachusetts even though the risk factor is lower. I'm pretty much a part-time recluse. As I live alone, none can bring this shit in here except Heaven forbid, myself-- but as I stay well beyong 6 feet apart and communicate with no one save for a wink or a wave.

Yeah it sucks for some. I'm lucky in that I thrive on solitude. This will pass, but everyone has to do their part. An ounce of prevention as they say.
myaluvbot​(sub female)

Let me rephrase

myaluvbot​(sub female) • Apr 11, 2021
I could’ve worded it a little better but I’m not talking about just in person munches. it’s possible to have outside meetings and still social distance (obviously not a lot of people would be invited), but I’m also interested in online munches as well! I should’ve included that in the original post forgive me but I’m not one of those idiots who just goes and meets people during a pandemic. Chill.
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • Apr 11, 2021
It is a bit rudimentary, but searching ‘virtual munches’ does bring up some results. Perhaps, start there. There was at least one, offthecuff, that says it is open to the public.
Miki
3 years ago • Apr 12, 2021

Re: Munch in Michigan

Miki • Apr 12, 2021
myaluvbot wrote:
Does anyone live in Michigan and know of any munches to attend? Specifically the metro Detroit area but I’m willing to travel!

Rewording it definitely clarified the matter. No need for me to chill. (an unnecessary suggestion given your original post and the context thereof.)

From those words it sounded like you were planning on doing exactly that. "Willing to travel"

One does not say "travel" when asking about virtual gatherings.

However, that having been cleared up, a "virtual" munch would be an excellent way to form connections to follow up on once this crap is finally behind us.

Which will still take quite a while at the rate we're going, not just in Michigan or Florida but pretty much across the nation.